3 people are viewing this hotel
US$122
Expedia.comUS$151
HIExpress.comUS$151
Lol.travelUS$181
All reviews new york lower manhattan yogurt bed was very comfortable subway floor nyc lines
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2022 via mobile

I traveled with my family on President day weekend. The price and location to the hotel was reasonable. The hotel was understaffed. The manager that was on was working by himself and doing the best he could. He had call outs and was working double shifts(yet still smiling and pleasant). It goes downhill from there!! The rooms are tiny. I mean given that it’s New York it’s explainable. There was not enough towels in the room. The hotel phone was unplugged,once I plugged it in and called my sons room it was silence. There was a container of ketchup on the floor on the side of the night stand. The toiletries was just conditioner and lotion. No shampoo,body wash,toothpaste or mouthwash! We checked out on Monday the 21st we get home and my son was missing a pair of sweatpants. I’ve contacted the hotel directly as soon as we got home and they claim the pants ain’t there, but we literally came straight home and my son noticed it was missing and we went from the hotel home. I’m not even concerned bout the pants it’s more the service and communication! I’m just annoyed at this point that I keep just getting emails saying going to check with supervisors and housekeeping.. Now we are a week in and my deposit hasn’t been released. I was on the phone for over half hour complaining today and they said give them up to 48 hours to get back to me.. This has been the worse experience and hassle! Not to mention the fact that the pants is missing means there is a liar and thief working at the hotel! I will not being staying there no more!!

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2022

Hello Kodedipai,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay!

I'm sorry to read about the issues encountered with the room received and the in-room amenities. I'm concerned to learn about the missing belonging, and your deposit still hasn't been released. I hear your disappointment with the level of service taken in addressing this let you down. The experience you described certainly isn’t what we want for any guest. I shared your review with our hotel management and staff. I'm confident that all you've highlighted will be looked into to ensure that this doesn't happen again. I also sent you a private message to follow up and obtain more details.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again and to serve you better when you travel back to the area!

Many thanks,

Jonathan A

Reviewed 21 January 2022 via mobile

Perfect little hotel for a quick stay. The room was a bit smaller, but the bed was very comfortable, and staff was friendly. The room was also really nice and clean. Missed out on breakfast, so I can’t comment on that, but a great place to stay for a short visit.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2022

A real scandal this establishment!
A manager (woman) and his team so impolite, incompetent, very unpleasant who do not care about the inconvenience their customers may face, no more elevator (the two elevators often out of service for 26 floors) and breakfast removed before scheduled time at 9:30…
Also liars who promise us the day before to keep our suitcases but who refused the next day, leaving us without any solution, when you tell them that they have not kept their promises, the contemptuous woman manager orders you to leave the hotel and never come back again…!
That’s a shame, scandalous, I do advise against renting even one night in this awful establishment !

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Damiencrescione
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2022

Hi Damiencrescione,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your most recent stay.

We want to make our guest's stay remarkable. I'm sorry that you were left disappointed with your recent visit because of the kind of service you received from our local management. It is certainly not the experience we want our guests to have. I have sent you a private message to get more details to help you.

I'm looking forward to your prompt response.

Regards,

Virgil N.

Reviewed 21 November 2021

This hotel is in most ways typical of Holiday Inn Expresses. Breakfast was standard and perfectly okay, and my room was clean and reasonably well equipped (although a safe and a small refrigerator would have been nice). The windows, however, couldn't be opened (this is unfortunate as long as the Pandemic is on), and the room was quite small, but, hey, that's normal for non-upscale New York hotels. More serious: I was somewhat surprised to find when I arrived that there were no cups at all in the room—I've never before been asked in a mid-range hotel to drink from the faucet—and that the Keurig coffee-maker came with no supplies. I would have asked about this on my way out a few minutes later, but there was a long line of people waiting for the harried desk clerk. I finally managed to get cups and coffee supplies that evening. Perhaps the hotel needs to set up a checklist for its cleaning staff? They really shouldn't forget this kind of thing. (It was also odd that there was conditioner but no shampoo.)

The Holiday Inn Express Wall Street—aside from its one major lapse—seems like a perfectly reasonable place to stay for anyone wanting to be in Lower Manhattan.

Also, I'm grateful that my IHG membership allowed me to check in a little early and leave a little late.

Date of stay: November 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2021

Hi Christopher W,

Thank you for leaving us a review of your recent stay. We are committed to providing an inspiring and relaxing experience amidst this pandemic crisis. It is in my dismay to learn that your experience was not as seamless as expected. I am sorry you found our room amenities lacking and our staff inefficient.

We make an effort to ensure that the issues highlighted be addressed to the relevant departments. I've communicated your feedback with our hotel management and trust that this will be used to monitor and enhance our service hospitality.

Thank you again for making us part of your visit and for your loyalty as one of our IHG Rewards members. We hope you will give us another chance to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

All the best,

Alice P

Reviewed 14 November 2021 via mobile

The positives - the location is great ; easily walkable to a huge range of subway lines, every kind of shop or restaurant/cafe you could want within five minutes walk.
The staff are all lovely - they couldn’t do enough for me every time I interacted.

The negatives - when it’s quiet, it’s great, but when it filled up in the second half of the week, there just wasn’t the capacity for the number of guests. Almost impossible to get a table at breakfast and fairly empty food shelves anyway. If you do get a table and go to get a drink, the table has been taken by the time you get back. Ten minute wait for the lift every time. Checking out was a twenty minute wait.

Also no maid service and weirdly stocked bathroom - conditioner and body lotion but no shower gel or shampoo.

I would actually stay here again because it’s so convenient but I would really be keeping my fingers crossed that’s it’s either quiet or they have rethought how the experience actually works.

Room tip: A low enough floor that you put can use the stairs is probably preferable
Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2021

Hello 520r1ver,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for sharing your experience.

We strive to offer the type of hospitality our guests value most where the essentials are done exceptionally well. While I am glad you were pleased with our hospitable staff and would come back due to our convenient location, I am sorry to learn about the long wait for the lift, check-out, maid service, bathroom amenities, and your experience during breakfast when the hotel had lots of guests. What you described is definitely not the kind of experience we want any of our guests to have. I've discussed your sentiments with our management team, and I trust that they will make the necessary adjustments to improve the quality of our guests' experience.

I hope to get another chance to host your next visit as we promise to make the value of your experience worth it for all the right reasons.

Yours in hospitality,