“Awesome!!!....”

Distrikt Hotel New York City
Ranked #69 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 May 2012

(as the Americans say)... cant imagine wanting to stay anywhere else in NYC, was so pleased I booked this hotel for a recent 4 night stay - they definitely didn't disappoint! Great location, wonderful staff (whoever is in charge of recruitment is doing a brilliant job) fantastic really clean room - exactly as pictured. On top of all this, all the wonderful little touches.... great courtesy bathroom products - even complimentary buds/tissues which we girlies always need, (and I LOVE the way the cords retract into the hairdryer/iron), ipod charger, free wi-fi, really good coffee/tea in room, free daily newspaper, chocolates and bed turn-down nightly, handwritten daily weather reports left in room, dressing gown...... and to top all that, I prefer fresh milk in my drinks rather than the longlife pods and was even provided with a mini fridge which was just big enough to hold a small bottle of water and carton of milk. It seems nothing is too much trouble. I'd rather stay in a hotel this size with such wonderful customer service than the grander over-priced over-large impersonal alternatives. Well done all at the Distrikt, long may you continue, I don't know when I'll be back in NY but when I do, you will definitely be my first choice. Thank you.

Room Tip: I know there's only 1 queen room per floor, so if you want this particular style of room suggest...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ARoamerManchester
ASDistrikt, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your New York City stay. We're so happy you had an "awesome" stay, and that we are now your preferred New York City hotel! We do pride ourselves on our very friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable staff so we're glad that they were able to assist in making your stay a pleasant one. We also believe the details make the difference, and we're very happy that these elements made a difference in your stay. Our rooms boast many complimentary amenities for you to take advantage of as you mentioned, such as the indulgent Lather products, free wifi, iPod dock, Keurig coffee/tea maker, New York Times delivered to you every weekday, daily turndown service accompanied by chocolates and weather cards. Thank you again and we very much look forward to welcoming you again for your next trip to New York City. Take care! Best wishes from the entire Distrikt Team.

Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

An absolutely fabulous hotel in great location. Wonderfully helpful staff and spotlessly clean accommodation. Take breakfast at the hotel - the cooked breakfast is lovely and very reasonably priced. Loved the complimentary iced tea in the lobby, and free wifi in room. My daughter and I spent four nights at the Distrikt Hotel at Easter and had a fab holiday. We hope to return to NY next year for another short break and will definitely stay at the Distrikt again! Would not consider staying anywhere else! Brilliant!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank EnglishGirl65
ASDistrikt, Guest Relations Manager at Distrikt Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for staying with us at Distrikt Hotel for your New York City trip. We're so happy to see you and your daughter thoroughly enjoyed your stay! We're glad you were able to take advantage of our many complimentary amenities such as the beverages in our lobby and complimentary wifi in your room and throughout the building. Other amenities include complimentary Keurig coffee/tea machine in your room, New York Times delivered to your door every weekday, and more. Our Collage Bar & Bistro, as you've mentioned, serves breakfast daily with a menu offering both Continental Buffet and American Breakfast. We're glad you enjoyed your breakfast! We are very conveniently located by many major attractions, a few minutes away to Times Square, and right by most major subway lines allowing for an efficient and quick route to anywhere in the City. Thank you again and we very much look forward to welcoming you for your next trip to the Big Apple. Take care!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was our first stay in NYC! Both the hotel itself and the staff were fantastic!
May not be located in the most charming street but very close to Times square and other great places of interest and a metro stop at 100m.
The hotel room was super clean with nice modern decor with huge flat screen, good wifi and iPod dock radio. All you could ask for was there! We had requested a room on high floor and we got it so it was absolutely great! We also liked the notes left in the evening with weather forecast for the next day and some chocolates!!!
The staff was very helpful and always available for some nice local tips. Thanks a lot!
On our next trip to NYC we'll definitely come back to Distrikt hotel.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank lolostella

Thank you for staying with us for your very first trip to NYC! We're so glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We are very centrally and conveniently located just minutes away from Times Square, as well as many major Midtown activities. We're glad you were able to take advantage of and enjoy the many complimentary amenities in your room such as the free wifi, iPod dock, flat-screen TV, as you mentioned, along with the Keurig coffee/tea machine, Lather bath products, New York Times delivered to your doorstep every weekday, daily turndown service with chocolates and a weather card, and more. Lastly, thank you for pointing out our very friendly and knowledgable staff, who are always eager and happy to make your stay unforgettable. Thank you again and we very much look forward to welcoming you again for your next trip to New York City. Please contact us directly next time so we can make your next stay as enjoyable as possible. Take care!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Let me start by saying that this was the first time my wife and I had traveled with our 9-month-old son. It was also my wife’s first trip to NYC while it was my second trip (last one was 10 years ago). So let’s just say that I was a little on edge with how this trip would go! Most of my worries were whisked away once we were greeted by the incredible staff at the Distrikt Hotel. When I initially started researching the hotels in NYC I was immediately drawn to the Distrikt (based on the reviews and pictures). Unfortunately, I waited too long to set my reservation and the room price increased by $100 a night. So I ended up booking a room at a different hotel and kept checking back on the Distrikt’s website to see if any specials showed up. About 6 weeks before our trip I got lucky and was able to book a room at $240 a night!

So enough with the back story and on to the review. I could sum it up with one word…phenomenal…but I will go into a little bit more detail. Every employee we dealt with was an absolute pleasure. They were all incredibly friendly and helpful. We were a little bit higher maintenance (because of the baby) but the staff was always accommodating and helped with a smile. The rooms were neat, clean, and well maintained. The only downside to our room was that it was pretty small (as I’m sure is the norm in NYC). It was even tighter for us because we needed a crib…side note to parents with a baby: the crib wasn’t a traditional crib. It was a Pack N Play which worked perfectly for us…The bed was comfortable, the shower was good, and the AC worked perfectly. Overall, we couldn’t have asked for anything more!

The last time I stayed in NYC my hotel was right in the middle of Time Square. Being a 21-year-old at the time, this was a perfect set up for me. But now that I had a baby with me, this wasn’t the experience I was looking for. The Distrikt was in a perfect location for us! We were within a few minutes’ walk of Time Square but were far enough away that we weren’t in the thick of it all. We were close to many great/different restaurants and it was always easy to hail a cab or catch the subway.

I really can’t say enough good things about our experience at the Distrikt hotel. The staff, location, amenities, and cleanliness were all top notch. The Distrikt will be our go to NYC hotel from here on out!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Blake O

Hi Blake, thank you very much for taking your time to write your review. We are very happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and first trip with your baby! We do pride ourselves on our very friendly staff, so it's fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as stressless and enjoyable. We encourage guests to contact us directly for great rates, so please feel free to approach us should you have any questions regarding rates (but we are glad that you were able to find a great rate ultimately)! As you mentioned, we are located a few minutes away from Times Square, but not in the heart of the hustle and bustle, making for a comfortable home away from home. We are surrounded by fantastic restaurants, bars, Midtown attractions (Empire State Building, Macy's, etc. are about a 15-minute walk away, and to the other direction, we have Central Park, Lincoln Center, etc. about a 15-minute walk away).
Our rooms are designed for your utmost comfort and privacy, but still keeping modernity in mind. We're sorry to hear you felt the room was slightly smaller than hoped, especially with the crib. Please feel free to contact us directly next time so we can arrange a room best suited for your needs, and we can also provide a great rate for you. Thank you again and we very much look forward to welcoming you and your family again for your next visit to New York City! Take care!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

So I booked Distrikt Hotel due to it's high rating on TripAdvisor in New York City. The holiday was for my first wedding anniversary with my wife, so we wanted it to be special.

I began following the hotel on twitter and facebook, and would often retweet interesting things they posted. In February they replied to a tweet I mentioned them and upgraded us to a Superior King room at no extra cost!

The hotel is in a good location, next to the bus terminal and at the end of the street is a subway station entrance. To get from JFK Airport to the hotel we took a taxi, which had a fixed price of around $50 (when getting in a taxi make sure you know the address of the hotel!)

The room was extremely comfortable, with an air conditioner/heater under the window, and a good bathroom with a great shower!

It was in a relatively quiet street, but only 5 minutes walk from Times Square. Our room was on the back of the hotel, on the top floor. We had a nice view to the right of Hudson river, and to the left we could see the Empire State Building.

We only ate in the hotel on one occasion (our final night) and the food was superb, we actually wished we'd ate in there more often.

The staff at the hotel were very personable, on the night of our anniversary we were bought a cupcake and congratulations card by one of the porters. Any time we went through the lobby the staff were very friendly, and with any questions we had about things to do or how to get to places they were very helpful.

I have recommended this hotel to many people already, and I think when I return to New York, this will be the first place I look to stay

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg C

Thank you for taking your time to write your review. We are so happy to have been able to celebrate your first wedding anniversary with you and your wife, and glad that you both thoroughly enjoyed your stay! We absolutely love chatting with our guests on Facebook and Twitter, so thank you for doing so. Our staff is eager to assist you throughout your entire stay, so it's great to see they were able to help in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. We hope it's been a helpful and informative experience. We are located right by many major subway lines and many Midtown attractions. We're glad to see you were able to experience our Collage Bar & Bistro, which serves breakfast and dinner/drinks daily. Thank you for recommending the hotel to your friends and family; that is the best compliment we can receive. Thank you again and we very much look forward to welcoming you again for your next trip to the Big Apple! Take care!