Sofitel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$219
Sofitel
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$324/night.

Avalon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$145
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$213/night.

US$174
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$234/night.

US$256
US$201
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$259
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financial District(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$127
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$185/night.

US$208
US$199
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$269/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$116
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$178
roomertravel.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$125
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

2,704 results
All reviewsbryant parkthe ny public librarysplash suitenon alcoholic beveragescomplimentary mini barnorth towernew yorkhyatt pointsrain showerlight switchesroom servicediamond memberhuge bathroomtimes squaregrand central stationthe check in processmodern hotel
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel and we absolutely loved it. It was a soothing hotel,in contrast to all the hustle and bustle outside. The room was zen, clean, big and comfortable. The view of the NYPL was simply beautiful. The staff is very welcoming and available and everyone seems genuinely concern for your well being. Thank you for a great stay.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

A really fantastic hotel, but some might find it a little strange. Eg there is no lobby/reception, just staff with ipads. while we found that cool, some might find it odd. The bar too, tries to be a little 'too cool for school' & us in our 40's found it a bit stark and intimidating. It was also hard to tell who was a hotel staff member and who wasnt as they all wore slighly different shades of black clothing!
However, overall this was an incredible hotel and very good value for the location which could not be more central. The aforementioned staff were extremely helpful & I really dont want to put people off - just giving my perspective.
Overall, its fantastic!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the library - stunning view.
Reviewed 8 November 2011

By New York standards, this hotel stands high above the rest. I stayed 4 nights in the Large Andaz Suite. The rooms are spacious with high ceilings. There are automatic-electric window shades, very nice. My particular unit even had a balcony. A balcony? This is unheard of in NY hotels. The room comes with complimentary wifi, snacks, soft drinks, and coffee. In the lobby, the hotel offers complimentary soft drinks and wine. The bathroom is absolutely enormous. There is dual sinks, a walk-in shower with rain-fall shower head, and a foot soaking bowl. The toiletries are C.O. Bigelow.

The Midtown location made me think twice about booking a room there, but after research and mapping, the hotel is in a PERFECT location. It's positioned outside the borders of the craziness of Time Square. Its within walking distance to Grand Central Station. The location of the hotel is very central to everything. There's something very soothing about walking towards 5th Avenue and being greeted by the NY Public Library. There's also something special about passing through Bryant Park before calling it a night in your comfortable room.

The staff at the Andaz are nothing short of amazing. They are all very helpful and friendly. I was asked about my stay and the accommodations from the housekeeping, maintenance, and front desk staff. The front desk staff double as your concierge host, they're very knowledgeable about the city and will help book any shows, tours, transportation.

I cannot wait to revisit the big city, I will surely be staying with the Andaz 5th Avenue again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel using our Hyatt points and are we glad we didn't pay for it! First, because we used points we had a tiny, evn by NY standards, king room on a low floor. We did the on-line check-in which meant nothing. Nice touch to serve wine in the lobby but need more and comfier seating. The lobby decor goes with the modernistic theme but not welcoming at all. The rooms have some of the worst lighting I have ever encountered in a hotel, especially trying to put on make-up! There is almost no storage space if you like to unpack your bags. Again, very modernistic, but very cold and unwelcoming. The half open shower means water all over the bathroom floor. If you are going to have an open shower then you must make sure the rain shower is operating properly and not spraying everywhere because the nozzles are clogged.
Now, to the real problems! When we checked out the pillows and found they were feather we immediately called down for foam pillows as neither one of us can sleep on a feather pillow. Imagine our shock when told that they were all gone for the night and call early the next morning for the following night. We have NEVER had a problem getting foam pillows, or extra pillows in ANY hotel, either luxury or budget! We called at 7am the next morning to ask for foam pillows as we were leaving for a day long conference. When we returned to the room at 6pm there were NO foam pillows. When we called down we were again told theey were already gone for the night. They did bring us the last 2 Tempurpedic pillows in the house, better than feather but not my choice pillow either. Obviously a pillow problem here! Also our toiletries were not replaced in the bathroom.
After all that I needed my complimentary wine and the manager, Joseph, was on wine duty at the time. He asked how I was enjoying my stay and, sadly for him, I let him know! He told me they have available extra lighting because they get so many complaints about the poor lighting! The housekeeping manager himself delivered a lighted make-up mirror to the room and apologized for the pillow issue. The only redeeming factor in this saga was the late night knock on the door (I was already asleep) delivering 2 foam pillows, some chocolates and a nice note from Joseph, the manager. Apparently they went out somewhere and got foam pillows for us, but I don't know why it took them so long to do so.
While they did try after a while to make things right, I have stayed at much nicer and more accomodating hotels in NY where we will more likely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and from the reviews here, a suite if you can afford it
3  Thank tammilip
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I have just returned from a week-long trip to New York. My family and I stayed in the Andaz, and it was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever enjoyed.

The design of the hotel is very striking, a lot of dark colours, indirect lighting and unusual woods giving it a modern, tasteful but also understated feel. Rather than the usual palatial lobby, the entrance and the common areas are a series of medium-sized spaces. The hotel has been designed with a particular philosophy in mind: the staff could barely have been more helpful (even when pushed to ask, on the eve of the New York Marathon, if we could have a slightly later checkout time) and friendly. The free drink time was very welcome, as was the opportunity to take all the soft drinks and snacks from the minibar. Wifi is, of course, free and there were quite a few computers littered around for free use. The bookshelf with a fair amount of reading material was a nice touch.

Location-wise, the Andaz 5th Avenue is, well, slap bang in the centre of the universe: 5 minutes walk from Grand Central, 10 from Times Square, and at the beginning of the serious part of 5th Avenue up to Central Park. But it is easy not to notice the hotel as it is tucked away, discretely, on a corner opposite Bryant Park with minimal signage. You can't fault where the hotel is.

Coming with 2 children, we took the smallest suite. I don't regret in the slightest paying more for a breath-taking room that housed us all comfortably. The room had all sorts of amenities, from a microwave, iron, cofee machine, even a dishwasher! For New York, this was seriously spacious but nevertheless packing in a lot. The two beds (one a foldout) were huge.

After a hard day's walking around New York, it was lovely to relax at the hotel. If I was to return to NYC I would definitely go back to this hotel. Now if only it had a swimming pool....

Room Tip: With two medium-sized children we did very well to take one of the suites.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family