“I love this hotel!”

Andaz 5th Avenue
Ranked #88 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My fiancé and I went stayed at the Andaz on 5th avenue for my birthday. The room was beautiful! We had a perfect view of the New York public library from our window and all the surrounding high rises; it was breath taking. The room was very clean and pretty cozy. The bathroom was gorgeous and very modern. The hotel is central to a lot of shopping and great food. We loved our stay and are actually going back in a few weeks for his birthday.

• Stayed: March 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,601)

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We're returning guests.It was excellent the first time, it was excellent again. The staff even recognized us again. The fact that the place doesn't have much turnover makes it even better, We stayed for a long weekend, and got a spa suite, which was just outstanding, from space to view, decoration and furniture. We had room service once and it was quick and perfectly presented and tasteful. Very recommendable. All staff always available to sort out the little annoyances of travel. The Andaz 5th is a New York jewel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Austinprogress,

Thank you for your very kind words. We look forward to seeing you back next time!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2012

My husband and I just got back from a 4 night stay with my parents. We were celebrating my parents anniversary as well as my father's birthday. Since it was a special occasion I made many arrangements with the hotel prior to our arrival (airport transfers, town car rentals, a birthday cake delivered upon arrival, etc). Every request was met and the staff even went above and beyond to make sure we were happy.
Upon arrival we were met by Emillio who immediately checked us in and showed us to our rooms. For those reviewers that complain about the technology..a word of advice...take the tour. It is not hard to figure out the light pads and the electronic shades, but it's a lot easier if they show you. The rooms are very well laid out with high ceilings and an unbelievable shower complete with a foot bath. We had a room that was not facing the library in the north tower which was perfect because it was very quiet.
Yes, the hotel is beautiful, but the staff is what makes a great hotel in my opinion. They were all extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and efficient. The towncar drivers were all at least 10 min early, the staff let me use their printers when the guest printer was occupied, and it's all done with a smile. I can't ask for anything more and I will gladly stay here when I come back to NYC.

The only negative we encountered was some bad shrimp in the restaurant. No big deal tho, we just didn't eat it and we didn't even mention it to the waitress.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear dellslady,

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your two very special occasions!! I'm so glad to hear that our team, and especially Emilio, took such such good care of you. (We will also pay attention to what you said about the shrimp.) Thank you also for recommending our room tour to future guests. We designed it to help our first-time guests get oriented to all the little "extras" we provide.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2012

My young daughter and I stayed at the Andaz 5th Avenue in March 2012 for a quick theater getaway. Everything about our stay was fantastic: huge very clean room, great view of the NY Public Library, super comfy beds, and a large bathroom with double sinks. I loved the hardwood floors and minimalist decor. In addition to all of this, the best thing about the Andaz was the amazing service. What a wonderfully efficient and friendly staff! We were granted an early check-in, and a 2 hour late check-out. When I asked for suggestions for unique clothes shopping for my 11 year-old, they knew exactly where to send us, and then inquired about our outing upon our return. Can't say enough about the Andaz 5th Avenue. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear HampMom,

Thank you for your very kind comments about the warmth and knowlege of our staff. I'm so glad we were able to help make your mother-daughter trip to NYC fun and easy!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Andaz? What can I say? From the unexpected upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite, to the assitance with printing tickets to nearby events on the guest computer and printer, we have nothing bad to say. Our children have been treated like equals (which in 5 star hotels is unusual) and the service both in the hotel and through the host system has been exemplary. Only odd point, why no wine glasses or wines in the mini-bar? Not everyone drinks spirits!

Stayed: April 2012