“Great steak”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Great steak - second time I have visited.
Always extremely busy even midweek so reservations essential. You can wait at the bar but that could take a while.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I prefer the bar in thus restaurant. The experience is great, no need to pre-reserve... live music - best ambiance to finish a day work. One MUST try the campfire ribs and the steak salad - definitely my favorites!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Have been going here regularly for years and normally a consistent 5-star experience. However, our favourite dishes (the Thai steak noodle salad and Ahi tuna salads), have changed and not for the better with smaller sizes and missing tastes. The sushi options are still great noting they are very Americanised and completely different than Japanese sushi. Hoping they re-consider the direction they are going in with their menu choices.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Hillstone is my favourite US restaurant. I go to the Texas ‘Houstons’ all the time and have been to the San Francisco Hillstone. If your familiar with the other locations this review should help - the ambiance is still spot on, the service is still good (not on par with others but still good), the ribs are NOT as good. Don’t get me wrong, they are probably still some of the best out there, but all of ours seemed to be slightly overcooked. If your a 5-nut brownie addict like me, then don’t panic - it’s just as amazing as always!!

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We have been going here for many years despite the long wait and high prices. Today we found out Thai steak noodle salad to be very different: smaller portion, no avocado, no cilantro and more noodles. Truly an economy version of a once excellent dish. The restaurant has simply become too greedy, trying less hard and seemingly boosting their margins over ingredients, as people are waiting anyhow. As far as I am concerned, I will make the line a bit shorter as Down Hill Stone is off my list.