“Beware - company out of business”
Review of Bespoke Private New York Tours - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bespoke Private New York Tours
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We bought tour vouchers on Rue La La. Booked the chocolate tour and recived a confirmation from Leticia Burrell. Like the other reviewer, the tour guide was a no show. Trd to call Bespoke Tours and the number has been disconnected. Rue La La was great and refunded our money asap.

2  Thank savvyshpr

Reviewed 2 October 2011

Bought a tour voucher through Rue La La. Had some trouble initially getting a response from Letitia Burrell, the 'tour director'. Quick checked the reviews on Trip Advisor and thought the worst, that we'd been had. I eventually got a response from Letitia and ended up booking the 'Off the Vine tour' for October 1st for 2 people. We got an email the week prior to the 10/1 tour confirming the date, time, and meeting place. The tour itinerary was a bit generic. Go to the meeting place, W Union Square, at the correct time and check with the W hotel staff to see if they know where the specific meeting spot is. They informed me that they are not affiliated with the tour company and that no one from the tour company for the last few tours showed up. Great. Find 4 other people also waiting for the same tour through Bespoke. So we wait and wait and then waited some more. One of them called the office phone number of Bespoke tours and - shocker- the number didn't work. I think we waited about a half hour past the time that the tour was to begin - no one ever showed up. Called Rue la la and fortunately our money will be refunded. Letitia Burrell and Bespoke need to be put out of business.

4  Thank sginmd
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I purchased my tour from Groupon and one for my friend. The first available date we could make was beyond the expiration date, but the Groupon was honored. The tour was fun, with a variety of different chocolate venues. I would prefer to have a published schedule of the chocolate tour on the website including specifics about time and meeting place. We were in a large tour-like van which was comfortable. It is a great way to see parts of the city while someone else is doing all of the driving and parking!

1  Thank Diane M
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I actually can't comment about the tour because the team from Bespoke never showed up or contacted me to reschedule. I was also forced into one date 9/311 when the information said selected dates between August and October. This company is a joke and should be run out of business. Thankfully, I paid and got my money back through a third party.

3  Thank Peter G
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Bought it through Rue La La. Advertised Tuesdays and Saturdays as tour dates. When I went to book it the following week, I was told only three dates in the next six months were available. None were Tuesdays. After e-mailing the owner of the company, she said she would work with me. I gave her three dates in August, every Tuesday in September and and was told none of them would work. Finally, she came back with a tentative date of October 11. I continued to e-mail her to confirm the date (no telephone number was supplied) . She ignored my e-mails. Eventually, after several weeks , I received an e-mail changing the date again to another Tentative date. I complained to Rue La La and they refunded my money. Rue La La was a class act. Can't say anything positive about Bespoke .

3  Thank MaureenM762