Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$133
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Sofitel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$219
Sofitel
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$292/night.

Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financial District(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$144
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

US$264
US$179
Staybridge.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$240
  • Bar/Lounge
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$134
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
US$279
  • Restaurant
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$125
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

7,503 results
All reviewstimes squareraquel ortizgreat locationnew yorkstreet entrancethe empire state buildingdiamond memberfreedom towercorner roomhudson riverport authorityhigh floorroom was largestatue of libertycentral locationsubway stationthe theater district
Reviewed 12 June 2011

The location is unbeatable, especially of you're into the whole Times Square tourist thing. Extremely convenient 30 second walk to 7th Ave. It's right in the middle of everything. There is an Applebee's downstairs, and 2 movie theaters on the same block.
The lobby is on the 12th (or 15th?) floor, and is really modern-looking, and quite comfortable, with nice seating areas.
The staff was ok when I checked in, just a bit harsh, but i guess that's just NY.
As for the rooms: nothing outstanding, really. It's pretty much what I've come to expect of Hilton. Looks like early 2000s decor; beds were very comfortable. I believe the TV channel selection was limited (no msnbc). Bathroom was very small, but that is something I have become accustomed to in NYC. All in all, I would say this is a great place, and definitely worth staying at.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Where do you start ? I am a Silver Hilton Honors member which obviously accounts for nothing at this hotel. We had a confirmed reservation for a corner smoking room for five nights and we decided to request an additional two nights. As we had just arrived in the USA from Australia, I phoned the hotel directly and we were quite prepared to have a different room for two nights and then change to our original booking. I explained to the person who answered the phone what I wanted but they bumped me through to the general reservations area without listening to me. I wanted to deal directly with the hotel to see if there was an additional two nights available. The central reservations lady was quite helpful but for whatever reason she only booked us for one night which we didn't know about until we arrvived at the hotel. If the staff member who answered the phone had taken the time to listen to me they could have told me straight away what the availability was. When we arrived we were dealt with by Matt who told us that we only had one night booked and he also said our original booking could not be honoured for five nights for a corner room as they had give this to someone else, only four nights in a corner room and the other night would have to be a non smoking room. This was not good enough, we told him we had a confirmed reservation for five nights but he shrugged his shoulders and said he understood how we felt. How could he understand ? He wasn't in our situation. He made no real effort to assist us and we reluctanly agreed to a non smoking room for the night as we were exhausted from our second long flight in two days. He told us we would have to change rooms three times during a seven night stay. He smirked the whole time and was not interested in really assisting us. The following morning I spoke to a very helpful lady named Raquel who amazingly found us a corner smoking room immediately and said it was available for six nights, this could have been done the night before but obviously Matt didn't try too hard and said no manager was available. Our experience at the hotel showed there was always a manager on until much later in the evening. The worst is yet to come. On arrival we made it quite clear that we were paying with a different credit card to the one on hold with Hilton Honors and we were told that it would not be charged until we paid with the alternate credit card. This was not correct. We paid for the first two nights separately as this was a separate reservation and to our shock and amazement the original credit card was also charged. We had to fight to get nearly $2000 refunded as they had also charged a holding fee. We were told by Carla that the money would be reversed but we waited for a few days and checked with our bank and it hadn't been refunded. I phoned Carla from Las Vegas and she said it was the bank's problem and I told her how angry I was and she said she was angry too. Why Carla ? You told me to take it up with the bank and as I advised you, it was NOT the bank's mistake but the Hilton Times Square error. We are disgusted at our treatment at this hotel and only for the assistance of Raquel we don't know what the outcome would have been. We also stayed at Hilton Grand Vacations in Las Vegas and they were amazing. Hampton Inn in Anaheim and they were also fantastic and Embassy Suites North LAX and great there too so we are not difficult to please but expect the service to be provided, especially as this is a very overpriced hotel. This hotel does not really treat guests as they deserve, maybe our faces didn't fit their "snob" attitude but we like to receive fair treatment and good service. The television was also terrible and not up to standard of a major hotel. Overall the location was amazing but would never stay at this hotel again. They should not charge a credit card without approval but they really don't care. An overpriced, underserviced hotel. Better choices around for sure.

Room Tip: Do more reserach and ask lots of questions
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Catbar57
etandtnyc, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2011

Dear Catbar57,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered with regards to your payment. Upon check-in, we require a method of payment such as a credit card. We obtain an authorization on the card equal to the total cost of your stay to ensure that we have a valid method of payment for the rooms. The authorization is a hold and guests are not charged until they check out. When we received your new card, we immediately contacted your bank in Australia to release the hold on your original card. We also reconfirmed the release by calling the bank prior to your departure. Unfortunately, the time it takes for a bank to release the hold varies and is out of the hotel’s control.

Again, I apologize that the authorization required on the original card was not clearly communicated to you when you checked-in and mentioned that you would be using another card. I have personally reviewed your issue with our Front Desk team to ensure that the needed authorization will be communicated to all our guests in the future.
While I know you have many choices for hotels in NYC, I sincerely hope you will consider us again. If you would like, please contact me directly so I may work to restore your confidence in our hotel. We would very much look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Times Square.

Best Regards,

Lynell Lovett
Sales & Catering Coordinator

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Stayed for 2 nights with my wife and son. Had a deluxe room with 2 double beds on the 42nd floor. The room was large enough for us to use our pack & play. The views were incredible. The room was clean and comfortable and well taken care of. There are not a lot of rooms on each floor so things were quiet for NYC hotel. We were next to the elevator and heard nothing. The location can't be beat, its in Times Square and within walking distance of Central Park, Grand Central Station, Bryant Park, Rockefeller Ctr and 5th Ave. The only negative was the elevator to the lobby (on the 21st floor) could be crowded. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2011

This was the third time I have stayed in this propery over the past 2 years, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I booked direct with the Hilton web site, and although this is more expensive, it was much better than in last October, when I booked with Travel Republic and there was a problem with the booking when we arrived at the hotel - not a good experience! The hotel at that time said I would have to get on to my agent (Travel Republic) who totally ignored me. Room rates seem to be rising substantially in the past 2 years, but the hotel is right in the middle of everything and is very clean, with polite and helpful staff, so I bit the bullet re the costs, as the 7-night stay was considerable. We ate in the bar area on 2 evenings, as the weather was terrible, and the food quality was excellent, and not over-priced. I would certainly go back again, subject to the room charges which seem to vary considerably, depending on when you book!
A good tip, if overnighting in LHR on the return journey (8:30am morning flight from JFK) is the Sofitel at terminal 5. It's very new and the rooms are terrific - (separate walk-in shower and bath). If you book in advance direct with the hotel web-site, they offer an excellent rate, and you don't even have to leave the terminal to get to it!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2011

While the location of the hotel is convenient, if you are interested in theater, Times Square, etc., the property itself is average and does not necessarily represent the standards one would expect from Hilton, or for the price, at least during my stay. I have requested light bulbs for two consecutive days and I'm still waiting, the furniture in my room is significantly aged and in case of the desk chair, torn. The bedding is extremely soft and appears not to be similar of other Hilton bedding packages. The restaurant/bar area is weakly decorated as is the atypical small lobby. Unless you are bolstering your Honors account, I know there are other locations which are less money and better experiences in the Times Square area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business