We stayed at the Hilton from the 12-19 April and would say what a lovely Hotel it was,the bell boys were all very welcoming Robert and especially Henery who really made a fuss of our 8 year old daughter.We could,nt check in because the room was not ready?so we left our bags downstairs at not cost and went for a walk,the receptionist said she would phone us when the room was ready...she didnt.
Anyway after about 2 hours a walk down to battery park a drink and some ice cream we went back,and i must admit it was nice to just go for a walk anyway after such a long flight...and what brilliant weather as well!
We checked in and had a high floor with a view of times square as requested which was brill as we could see the Hudson as well,36 floor and when the window was shut we could`nt hear a thing below.
The room was well lovely very spacious we had a delux double(two king size bed which were comfortable,didnt like the pillows to much they were to soft!
The guys brought our bags up,and we kept them sweet with a couple of dollars tip every time they got us a taxi etc...I thought about giving them some gum AKA Macualy Culkin(home alone) but changed my mind :)
The hotel location is just right and not as mad as i had read as you walk out onto the street,or a rear entrance if you want a taxi on request.Secruity was ok they didnt always ask me for my card but i made a point of always saying hi to the guys at the front desk so i think they just became familiar with me.
We didnt eat at the hotel as we prefered to eat out and about,we still ate quite local though,applebys next door is good for breakfast and also pax`s over the road,also macca d`s next door,there was also a nice place with sold noodles and meatballs which were jummy,along from paxs but i forgot its name,we also ate at various little food joints along the way to refuel,and dont listen to what they say about Mars 2112,we had a fab meal,fab service and its a fab place just a pity there is not a few more aliens around in there as i only counted two!
we walked most places which pleased the kids ....NOT but the place is sooooo easy to get aroung,we travelled by bus,subway and taxi.
Me and my lad tested out the fitness centre at the hotel its only small located on the 23rd floor,couple of running machines,bikes couple of other machines,free weights and a weights station,fresh cooled water as well,it was not bad at all although the do charge you i think it was about 1.50 every time you go in,i didnt mind though as long as i kept my juices flowing,but if dont want to pay 1.50 the fire escape is ok to goes from 20th to 45 floor it soon gets your legs aching.
The staff were all friendly as as long as you give them manners and repect thats what you`ll get in return,the concerige fredrick(think ive spealt it wrong) was a nice guy very helpfull.
ON our final day we asked for a late checkout and were not charged for this,i think overall we payed aroung 1,500 sterling for our stay there,which may or may not be expensive,i suppose you could find it cheaper but i booked direct through the hotel,and found it a competive price?
we loved our stay in the hilton,we loved new york full stop,and we were ready to book again until the father in law said yesterday he was treating us to a cruise around the Caribean,it was a hard choice?! but New york will have to wait a while
love to you all
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Times Square is a sleek, landmark New York City hotel that was built in 2000 and soars 44 stories above Manhattan. This upscale, full-service, 100% non-smoking, contemporary hotel is located on famous 42nd Street in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, New York City’s best shopping and many restaurants and bars. Boasting a Modernistic façade and sweeping vistas of New York City’s famous skyline and the Hudson River, the hotel has been recently renovated and is the perfect hotel choice for business and leisure travelers seeking modern amenities while staying in the Big Apple’s best location.Hilton Times Square offers 460 of the largest standard size guestrooms in Midtown Manhattan, with spectacular panoramic views and high-end amenities. These spacious guestrooms have been recently renovated, start on the 23rd floor and are over 330 square feet. Deluxe guestrooms begin on the 33rd floor. All guestrooms are luxuriously appointed in soothing sand tones, 46-inch LED flat screen televisions, laptop size safe, and more. Additional amenities and services are available upon request. Also the Hilton Times Square hotel in New York include: -Over 5000 square feet of meeting space with city views-Restaurant Above, the hotel's Zagat-rated restaurant, is perched 21 stories above Times Square in the hotel lobby and offers notable American cuisine fused with fresh ingredients.-Pinnacle Bar is also located in the hotel lobby and overlooks Times Square.-Evening room service.-24-hour Fitness Center.-24-hour full service, automated Business Center.-Full-service Concierge desk, valet dry cleaning and valet parking available on 41st Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton