“Best Croque Madame ever...”

Buvette Gastrotheque
Ranked #134 of 14,810 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Village
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Great Service, awesome quaint patio, and the breakfast was stellar. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Good americano too.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I decided to go to buvette on my own one morning before a meeting. My taxi driver had no idea where to go but I had him drop me off and I walked. The waffle was amazing and the coffee was also perfect. Also, they use cute hand squeezed orange juice containers. It was an Instagram worthy meal however it was $21 and I was still hungry afterwards. The staff was very helpful in helping me find my way to the nearest subway station and the atmosphere was very unique but it was pretty expensive for one waffle and a cup of coffee.

2  Thank Megan O
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

From the warm welcome on a cold night, to the suggestions and expertise and care of our server Waverly who was a great reason to be there, to the kindness and guidance for wonderful food and wine, we will always be grateful to having dined to what was formerly an "unknown" restaurant and is now a place we look forward to returning.
I have stayed away from French restaurants outside of France...but here I thought I was in France! Gotta go back soon

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

The place is good. The food is very good. We had the chicken and the seafood salad special and a few entrees. Nice sheep cheese fur desert. The portion are small so no hearty big meal like you get in their sister Italian restaurants.
Service was a bit if a dive. Couldn't be bothered. Little attention and effectively missing in action. I think it was only our waitress so wouldn't justify a a loss if a star bit it should not happen.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

The place itself is beautiful including the staff. They were all very friendly and the food was really tasty BUT with 4 kids aged 17-21 the portions are tiny and each plate is around $16. We left $185 lighter and not full. We are not big eaters! More style than substance.