“Hip Hotel Great Location”

Hudson Hotel New York
Ranked #395 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Great hip hotel near Central Park. Boutique feel. Cool and classy. Rooms are small but to be expected. Love the wood floors in the room. No dirty carpet ! Very clean and service was great. Try the burgers from the restaurant. Hotel has a large gym with a lot of equipment. Ideal location.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Alex D, Guest Relations Manager at Hudson Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

To, bhutchison_12

Thank you for taking the time to review Hudson. I'm going to have to agree that our Burgers at Hudson Common are pretty amazing! I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our decor and that the gym had what you needed. If you come to New York City again please reach out to me and I'll do what I can to help you out.

Alex

Write a ReviewReviews (6,882)

Reviewed 14 March 2014

It's not a surprise that the rooms are small, but they are very, very compact. Pack accordingly! I've stayed here a few times because it's reasonably priced for NYC & the location is convenient. Just a few steps to the subway, Columbus Circle & Central Park. There is a nice patio for brunch. The lobby is cool, and the staff has generally been friendly. If it was possible to give 3.5 that's closer to what I would rate it... It's a fine place to stay but doesn't knock your socks off.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Tallulah13

Thank you for continously returning to Hudson when you visit New York City. I'm glad we are able to accomodate you with our venues and location. In our near future we will be having a breakfast and lunch option at Hudson Common. On your next visit to the City please let me know so that I can overlook your reservation.

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed are holiday...mostly perfect.. great location.. very clean.. only one thing to moan about.. first night we were woken up about 4am to the air con that just turned itself on with its loud racket after about 10 mins we managed to get it off.. this repeated 3/4 times till we got up showered an ready for our day. We casual mentioned it to reception then said the would get the maintenance man to come..second night it happened again.. said the same to reception in the morning... 3rd night again.. 3am phoned reception they said they would send the maintenance man..so we waited and waited... in the end I got dressed went to reception and asked him to get the guy now because it was beginning to effect our holiday during the day to tiredness... he came fiddled with it... removed the thermostat so for the rest of the stay we had zero air circulation in the room although we did have 2 peacefull nights sleep in the end!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014

To jess89p,

I would first like to thank you for choosing Hudson as your hotel while on vacation! I do apologize that the unit in your room was noisy and that there was a delay in a resolution. I'm glad to see that we were able to fix the problem for you and get you to your dreams. If you do come back to the city please reach out to us so we may personally overlook your next booking and insure a more comfortable stay.

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is pretty unacceptable. First of all it is very small, about a hundred square feet which is small for even New York standards. Second the bathroom is about 10 square feet with no bath only a shower. If you're over 6 feet tall then you might not be able to use the toilet as its only one foot away from the wall. Lastly I question the safety. You don't need a card to go up and down in the elevator. Also I hung a Do Not Disturb sign outside my door when I came back to the room it has been made up and the sign put back inside my room. Forgot to mention that the radiator clicked all night so sleep quality was poor.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

To klasf,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of Hudson. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. Our standard rooms can be a bit cozy for our taller guests. We do have larger rooms at Hudson that would be more comfortable. If you do come back to New York City please reach out to me so that I may overlook your booking and insure a better experience.

I do hope all is well,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The Lobby area, bars and restaurant were very impressive and on trend.
The outdoor area remained closed for the duration of our stay - Possibly due to the weather.
The rooms were very small hard to store more than one suitcase really however the location was great, a short walk to central park.
The gym was also very well equipped and in a large space. The A/C is very loud and must be turned off before you sleep.

Room Tip: High Floor