5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$231
Hotels.comUS$231
PricelineUS$231
TravelocityUS$231
CheapTicketsUS$231
Orbitz.comUS$231
4,919 results
All reviews reading room wine and cheese library theme grand central station dewey decimal system madison and vine book lovers rooftop bar love room new york bryant park every evening continental breakfast floor lounge junior suite turn down service wonderful hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Library Hotel was a gem! I would be thrilled to stay here again. The rooftop bar is cozy and quaint. The staff is friendly and professional. Overall an amazing place in an ideal location- in midtown!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank hrexecutive2021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cozy and clean and fantastic service. 24 hour access to snack, coffee and tea and water. Comfortable beds. Great view of the public library. Perfect location in midtown- near grand central, and walk to practically anywhere. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful hotel. Great location. Excellent staff. Having a restaurant right there was perfect and the rooftop bar and green space was such an added plus as was the reading room for breakfast. Missing a few modern amenities, but it didn’t matter because everything else was so amazing.
It was loud at night but that’s beyond the hotel’s control...a sleeping aid helped as it does on any vacay. I’ll stay here again.

Reviewed 3 May 2021

Love the charm of this hotel, clean and cozy rooms with nice roof top bar and terrace, where you can enjoy the view, or simply relax and read one of the 6 thousand books available to you. Stepping out from the hotel and looking right, you see the great New York Library itself. I will always return to this unique and beautiful hotel!

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 28 April 2021 via mobile

Library Hotel has been on my radar for years but never stayed as the price point was always a little higher than I have wanted to pay. Reopening post-pandemic gave the opportunity but the stay was disappointing because of poor sleep quality.
On reservation I did request a quiet room, which was accommodated by housing us on a high floor. Unfortunately this is a very narrow building and all of the rooms are street-facing, and the height was no match for trucks backing up, stupid loud motorcycle revving, etc. on a Saturday night.
Ear plugs of course worked for that but the mattress here was another challenge to contend with. I am picky when it comes to mattresses, but even on mattresses I don’t like I can generally sleep. The Library mattress was in a class by itself and I never achieved a comfortable position over two very long nights. (BTW, I am a slim-average male, mid-50’s.)
I hate to be so negative as I have a fondness for older hotels. The building is beautiful, the location is super nice and the staff were welcoming. I’m surprised that this property didn’t take advantage of the closure to do some updating, especially those mattresses.
Note that this hotel charges a “resort fee” (~$22).

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LSBurdett
Kimberly Watson, Marketing at Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2021

Dear LSBurdett,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and our welcoming staff, however I am disappointed in your overall experience. We are sorry the noise from the busy city streets was so bothersome to you. Unfortunately, we cannot control what goes on outside on our street, but we are always happy to do what we can to lessen it. We do have rooms in various locations throughout the building, so if a guest is uncomfortable we are always willing to move them to an alternate room, based on availability. Had we known this was an issue, we certainly would have moved you to another room.

We offer luxury firm mattresses with a pillow top, which is very popular. We are truly sorry that you did not care for the mattresses as much as our other guests do. We get many compliments, but we do understand that everyone is different and has their own preferences. Had we known the bed was an issue for you, we could have tried to remedy it by adding a foam mattress topper.

Again, we are disappointed that your experience did not live up to your expectations and we would love to have you back and give you a better night’s rest.

Robert Rawlins