“If you like Peruvian food, this is the place”
Review of La Mar Cebicheria Peruana - CLOSED

La Mar Cebicheria Peruana
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I liked everything. Menu is perhaps adapted a little bit to modern times, but quality served was really very good.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

A fun place to sit outside on a warm summer night. The surrounding architecture is wonderful and you sit in a "courtyard" protected from car/bus fumes. The food was great and the service efficient. Lovely seafood restaurant.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I was on my own in NYC, the waitress notices that and discretely kept talking to me from time to time, so I felt I was looked after by them, the service was excellent and tried the aaroz con pato and ceviches,,,yummy!!..great flavours, I admire Gaston Acurio!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

This was my third visit to La Mar and it was really disappointing. The service was great but the food was not up to the standards of other La Mar restaurants. For instance, my main course 'Seco Marino' came with a piece of fish that was half cooked: you don't expect that for a restaurant like La Mar. Another guest had the 'quinoa chauffa' that was supposed to come with fried plantain, instead it was fried sweet regular banana.... To many, this may sound like details, but again, for the money paid I expected and had better in the past.
I'm not from NY and try to make time to dine at La Mar each time I have the time in NY. Well, not on my next visit, it will take me some time before I try it again or a lot of convinsing.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We just got back from New York. We decided to give La Mar another chance after finding it a bit overpriced last year. We felt the overall quality of food and service was much better, the Octopus in Anticucho sauce was a real highlight. My wife loved the seco marino. We had great service from everyone, though a special thanks to Maria for great suggestions on cocktails and taking the time to explain each one..would recommend the Chilcano and one that has pimms, can't remember the name. A great introduction to Peruvian cuisine, we will be back when we're next in town.