It was nice change to stay downtown after so many hotel experiences in the UES, Central Park, and Times SQ. One thing I liked about being down there was the easy walk to the water front, which is quiet and peaceful, and from whence you can travel quickly to the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, etc.
Another plus is that staying at the Millenium pretty much forces you to learn the New York subway system, since cabbing it to the major attractions, including the major museums and Broadway is both quite expensive ($20-30) and time consuming. Fortunetely there are stops all around for trains to Time SQ, museum mile, UES, etc.
The Mellium itself is good old 3.5 star Hilton rooms and service; nothing wrong with that in my opinion especially when the overall feel and condition of this property is quite new.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Millennium Hilton New York Downtown places you right in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of Wall Street and adjacent to the Freedom Tower, Ground Zero and World Trade Center Memorial. Easily access all of Manhattan and nearby boroughs via the nearby Subway station, taxis and more. Enjoy some of the largest hotel rooms and suites in Lower Manhattan, spectacular skyline views and a glass-enclosed pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millennium Hilton New York Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millenium Hilton Hotel New York City
- Hilton New York City
- Millenium Hilton New York
- New York City Hilton