My wife and I are both in our late 20's, live in London (although we're both New Zealanders) and have now stayed at the Millennium Hilton twice in the last year. We stayed for 8 nights last Sept for the US Open tennis and then for 6 nights in the first week of May for a shopping trip (to take advantage of a public holiday in the UK). Based on conversations with friends and work colleague, I don't think anywhere offers better value - PROVIDED you want to stay in a hotel of at least 3 stars. The best news is that the Hilton is a 4 to 5 star hotel with no inconsistencies in the rooms - and this was a prime consideration as we didn't want to have to deal with the disappointment of pictures on the websites not reflecting reality, I guess this is the benefit of staying at the Hilton. The rooms were very roomy for NY (on our first visit we had to stay a couple of nights at Club Quarters Downtown because of the Republican Convention so we can make the contrast), the bed was big and comfortable and the plasma screen topped it all off. We stayed in a standard room with views over Ground Zero both times, on the 17th and 23rd floors respectively – the rooms and experience were identical. Our nightly rate was USD200 and USD280 respectively (booked direct through (---) as their rates are cheapest) - for a hotel in NY that is not a lot and I personally think this is exceptional value as you'll pay a similar amount to stay at the Pennsylvania near Madison Square garden and I don't think the two hotels compare (check out the reviews and real pictures on this site). There is easy access to everywhere via the metro. Just beware that if you're coming from JFK, because the hotel is downtown then the advertised "flat rate" of USD45 does not apply because that only gets you to midtown - this is not helped by the fact that a lot of taxi drivers and private car drivers do not know the downtown roads very well. We never had breakfast there as a) it was expensive and b) we’d rather eat out of the hotel so I can’t comment on it’s quality, but if you want a nice NY breakfast then go to The Kitchenette on 80 W. Broadway at Warren St.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Millennium Hilton New York Downtown places you right in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of Wall Street and adjacent to the Freedom Tower, Ground Zero and World Trade Center Memorial. Easily access all of Manhattan and nearby boroughs via the nearby Subway station, taxis and more. Enjoy some of the largest hotel rooms and suites in Lower Manhattan, spectacular skyline views and a glass-enclosed pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millennium Hilton New York Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millenium Hilton Hotel New York City
- Hilton New York City
- Millenium Hilton New York
- New York City Hilton