“The almond croissant is to die for”

Dominique Ansel Bakery
Ranked #55 of 389 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Reviewed 24 January 2015 via mobile

While I couldn't motivate myself to get up early and stand in line for a cronut, I did treat myself and my husband to an almond croissant. I don't even usually like sweets and pastries, but this croissant was amazing. Crispy shell and roasted almonds on the outside with deliciously moist pastry inside with a soft but textured almond cream. Do not be disappointed if cronuts run out - everything else in the bakery looked amazing too!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed 21 January 2015

I like everything about this bakery. The only thing I do not like is the fact I cannot have any of the delicious creations until I go back to the city!!! This place along with his new bakery/restaurant will be on the top of my must do list!!

Reviewed 21 January 2015 via mobile

I really enjoyed waiting in line with a friend and my three month old baby. The Bakery only gave out in that time 2 Cronuts per person. The line was looonnng, but I really likes the cronut. The truth is that I liked even more the mini madelaines that were sold once you were in the Bakery. Nice, cute and delicious Bakery.

Reviewed 15 January 2015

We waited 1 and 1/2 hours in line for a Cronut and could not have been happier with the delicious mouth watering treat we were finally able to get. The flavor was Malted Caramel with milk chocolate ganache and Maldon sugar salt. You bite into flakey layers of cream filled pastry with the flavor of caramel marrying the creamy chocolate with a pop of sugar intensified by the surprise of the salt - heaven!!!! I seriously can't wait to go back!!! There are so many other things to try - I want a cookie shot and I have to try the 25 layer Apple tart Tatin!!! You must go!!!!

Reviewed 13 January 2015

We placed an order for a couple Cronut's about a month out which was a great idea because there was a damn long line. They are worth a try.