“Basic, clean and great location”
Review of Windsor Hotel

Windsor Hotel
Ranked #450 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My teenage daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks over Xmas & New Year period. It was a basic hotel but was clean and comfortable. Our room was cleaned on a daily basis. The beds were OK. We were up on the fourth floor and away from the lifts (so it was pretty quiet) facing the street and had a view of the park across the road. The location was fantastic with only minutes walking to Soho and Little Italy. Subway was just across the road and it was so easy to get anywhere in Manhattan in a short time. The staff were always courteous and polite and ready to assist us when required. The only issue we had while staying here was the free wifi was non existant in our room for 4 days/ nights of our stay and staff were unable to fix the problem. No coffee maker, microwave or fridge in the room, however you could get coffee or tea/ hot water from in the lobby.
There was a coin laundry / laundromat just around the corner from the hotel which was convenient and very reasonable.
There was a Wholefoods Market at The Bowery, which was about a 10 minute walk where you could get take out salads / meals/ sandwiches / groceries/ fruit & vegetables. Caffe Roma in Little Italy had excellent coffee and pastries for a reasonable price. Plenty of great restaurants close by particularly in Little Italy.
Overall we had a great time in New York and a pleasant stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on a higher floor and away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Horrible customer service. They gave me the wrong room in the basement w no bathroom, next to the maids lounge, washers and cots. When I told them it was not what I booked, I was offered $50 a nite. It took me 2 hours on the phone with Expedia to get a refund. They either overbooked or thought they could take advantage of a women. I was appalled and felt I'd been conned. Stay away.

Room Tip: Don't go there. Tell everyone you know.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed four nights and was pretty satisfied with the stay. It's a smoking hotel, so all of the rooms smell like smoke, the hallway, lobby and elevator smell of it, too. The carpet in our room seemed like it hadn't been cleaned in awhile, but the hotel must have heard this one before because they provide complimetary slippers.

When I first sat on the bed it was like sitting on a block on cement. It was so hard that when I plopped down, I hurt myself. There is absolutely no cushion, no bounce, no movement to this bed. But surprisingly I had one of the best sleeps I've ever had. It's the strangest thing...

The wifi was hit or miss. I asked the front desk to help and they were pretty useless. If you're expecting good customer service, you're not going to find it here. The front desk doesn't have any interest in telling where to go, how to get there, or provide any general information about the property. This wasn't a problem for us since we got in late every night and left really early.

It's a prime location for the price.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CamilleAnn
Reviewed 15 February 2012

the place is great near to soho, little italy...
BUT our room was not clean and the bathroom also..
it was terrible...
never again for this money..

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Yasemin K
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Great location - in walking distance of the Metro, Little Italy, East Village - very basic amenities.
You may need to ask for extra towels, or toilet roll- Happy with Clean beds. Bathroom could be updated - as with the carpeting throughout the property. Located on Forsyth Street opposite open community space/park. Nice change from being boxed in.

Room Tip: Some corner rooms have double windows with views of the NYC skyline.Worth the extra $$.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family