“Not worth what you pay for!!”
Review of Windsor Hotel

Windsor Hotel
Ranked #449 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 2 November 2016

This hotel was expensive and was more like a dirty hostel than a hotel with very small rooms. The location was good right in the heart of Chinatown and close to the subway and the bed was comfortable, but the hotel was dirty, we had a lightbulb burned out that management couldn't fix for days, the tv hardly got any channels and no HBO which they claimed they had. The tv remote didn't work, but mgmt. was able to give us batteries, so at least that problem got solved. The room had a lot of noise from the street and we kept smelling smoke, probably also coming from the street. The Wifi either didn't work at all or was a weak undependable signal. The hotel manager or whatever he was, pretended not to understand us anytime we complained or asked for help. We overall feel we didn't get what we paid for.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room higher up in the building located the opposite side of the street.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jaimec105

Reviewed 24 October 2016

The room was ok but a little tight for 3 adults. It was sort of clean, but hair on sheets and towels – maybe they need to clean out their dryer. We stayed on the first floor and could hear voices all night in the lobby and on the street – bring earplugs! The bed was very hard as if it was a board with just a foam top. The room was small, but that is expected in NY. The staff was friendly and assisted us with holding our bags in a secured room before and after check-in; this was very convenient to be able to walk around NY without carrying all our stuff. We loved the location as only a few blocks from Little Italy. We parked about 2 blocks away on Allen Street for about $25 per day. Grand Street Metro steps away from hotel – this is the Orange Line – B & D routes.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Carla S
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Very comfortable room for a short period. Not fancy, room service is good. No breakfast is offered at tbe hotel. The area is near to chinese restaurants and the subway station. Not a very bad location.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank magistermarkf
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Awful hotel. No amenities in the room. No tissues, note pad or pen, no hotel brochures etc. No microwave, no mini bar fridge, nothing. Room was not clean when I arrived, stained sheets, dirt, dust and crumbs on the floor, the air con unit was filthy, the towels were only slightly bigger than a tea-towel and some of them were stained (although I was told not dirty, just permanently stained!!!) I found a bug in the bed on arrival. TV channels were very limited and signal would cut out EVERY few minutes on EVERY channel EVERY day, not just once or twice. Service was terrible with no smile (except for one lovely lady). The young guy who checked me in had a cold and was sniffing and wiping his nose constantly then handled my passport and credit card (funny how I got the same cold a few days later!!!!) Housekeeping changed my sheet that was stained but no apology, didn't offer to re vacuum and couldn't move me to another room as full, appalling customer service (I work in a 4.5 star hotel, I KNOW customer service and that was not it!). Room extremely noisy as by a lift and all the guests staying tended to shout in their own language outside the lift at all times of the day and night! Had a great view of the park but very noisy each morning with Chinese style music being played by groups of people doing exercises. I did not feel safe in this hotel as I was not made to feel welcome. I was not asked how I enjoyed my stay when I checked out or thanked for staying. Whilst the bed was comfy and three subway stops all on the corner by the hotel, I will never stay again and do not recommend.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here, ask for a room NOT by the lift
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Alison S
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We got well situated room (view to street, ESB and OWTC)
Size of room was acurate, furniture OK; Bathroom was clean
small minus for carpet (i dont like carpet in hotel, it is often dusty)
Staff was nice and friendly

Room Tip: We had room 302, it is on corner with good view to street, Empire state building and One World Trade...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends