“Good pastry fix!”
Review of Breads Bakery

Breads Bakery
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Description: Our bakery believes in artisanal, handmade, traditional baking techniques which is why we have the factory and oven on site. Most of the breads we bake are made with whole grains and go through a slow proofing process, which sharpens and improves the taste. We select only the finest ingredients and, when possible, use natural and organic ingredients. The bakery bakes both sweet and savory items. The cafe serves premium coffee, next to light meals, made from fresh products that just came out of the oven.
Reviewed 21 March 2015

Finally tried this place after hearing about it for so long. Delicious baked goods. I took home a bunch of things to try. Loved the poppy seed roll, and the hammentaschen was probably the best I've had. Still need to try the bread though.

Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2015

The best hamantaschen you've ever had? I couldn't be more flattered that you're loving all the baked goods so much! I hope you'll come back soon to try a loaf of bread, and I hope we'll really be able to take it to the next level for you!

All the best,

Reviewed 19 March 2015

I came for a quick lunch and was not disappointed. The small, savory sandwiches at the back counter were delicious. I also had to try the almond croissant based on the reviews here. High quality, but not inexpensive.

Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2015

I couldn't be happier that your croissant was so wonderful! Visiting all the way from Texas, I'm really excited that it lived up to your expectations. I know the prices can seem steep, but we feel that the quality makes up for it. Still, I'm sorry if that threw you for a loop! I hope we'll still get to have you back next time you're in NYC!

All the best and safe travels,

Reviewed 12 March 2015

Please go and try their babka weather its the chocolate or plain one.
I will never forget it! I thought that it was only a Christmas specialty but to my surprise they sell them year round. Happy me!!!

Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2015

You'll never forget our babka? We're honored, Vanessa! We're glad you found out that we have them all the time! We hope you'll come get another one soon!

Take care,

Reviewed 11 March 2015 via mobile

You are only young once!

Forget the budget, forget the diet, and sample what they have to offer.

An amazing array of delicious naughtiness awaits you.

Every mouthful was wonderful.

Superb staff providing recommendations which delighted my palette!

Excellent!

Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2015

I love how much you're living in the moment, Sarah! I'm thrilled that every bite you had with us was well worth the diet splurge. I'm also happy that the staff gave you such wonderful recommendations! I hope we'll get to make some new suggestions again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 4 March 2015

If you're looking for some seriously delicious baked goods, look no further than Breads. The Nutella babka is amazing, the chocolate rugelach are excellent, and the Gouda breadsticks are the best breadsticks you'll ever have. Employees seem a bit scatterbrained, and prices are high (even by NYC standards), but their stuff is worth it.

Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2015

While I'm thrilled you're loving all the baked goods, I'm sorry the employees weren't the most helpful for you. We do get busy, and we keep our best to keep up, but I'll be sure to keep an eye on that! And I know the prices can be steep, but we're glad you agree that it's worth it! I hope we'll get to see you sometime soon!

Best wishes,