“Love!”
Review of Bond Street

Bond Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Bond Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #272 of 15,901 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Manhattan (Downtown)
Cross street: Broadway & Lafayette St.
Transit: Subway: 6 train to Bleecker Street, R/W train to Prince Street or 8th Street, B/D/F/V train to Broadway Lafayette.
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

When a restaurants dessert is as good as the cuisine they specialize in, you just know right then this is a keeper.

I had heard so much about BONDST, it was about time I tried it for myself. So my husband and I made reservations and had a go at it. So first of all, if you don't know NYC, you would have a truly hard time finding the location. On the outside it looks like the run off the mill Soho Brownstone (of course, truly gorgeous, just no clue that there is a restaurant within). They have the option of eating at the lounge or at the restaurant. After reading reviews, we chose the lounge as the food is pretty much the same, only a more relaxed vibe and we're all about that relaxed vibe. I do plan to try the restaurant part on a more formal occasion.

We step down to the lounge and give our names, wherein the hostess seats us immediately. They gave us a super cozy secluded and intimate corner, which was exactly what we wanted. Menus and water were brought right after. Our waitress was quite attentive in helping us decide what we want to order. She told us what the top sellers are and what we'd enjoy etc. While deciding what edibles we want, we ordered some drinks. My husband ordered the Shishito Jalapeno Margarita, which he swears by and claims it is one of the best cocktails he's ever had (well, he ordered 5) and I a glass of red.

We settled on ordering the following eats (and note, if you go these are absolute must gets).
Big Eye Tuna Tarts, Edamame, Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice, Black Sea Bass Carpaccio, Mini Wagyu Burgers, Toro Scallion & Spicy Tuna Rolls.

For Dessert: Assorted Ice Cream & Sorbet, BONDST Donuts, Sweet Nothings, Bread Pudding.

I'm not even sure how to describe the incredibly mouthwatering flavours happening in our mouths at the time. You'd almost think God was teasing us, making us beg for more as if we were knocking on the doors of heaven.

The Big Eye Tuna Tart was to die for. No jokes. The white truffle oil and fresh tuna combined, damn, there really are no words. The wagyu burger --- the only other amazing wagyu I've ever loved so much was at Restaurant Daniel! CAN YOU IMAGINE how phenomenal this one must have been? The sushi rolls were large, fresh and very tasty. We really didn't want the night to end. But alas, dessert menu was brought over before we knew it and OH. MY. GOD. Can I just say, if all desserts at Japanese restaurants were like this... well, you know the rest.

The donuts, oh these donuts. Just a pure tease. Filled with delicious tasting jams and custards. UGH! Why??? I have never been a fan of bread pudding, but guys, this one --- is a definite must get. Flavourful, incredible, melt in your mouth, is just the tip of the ice berg. I'm also a huge fan of the sweet nothings plate. The idea is adorable and you get to taste a bunch of sweet nothings you otherwise wouldn't order as a full plate.

Alright, alright... I'm done fantasizing about my beautiful dinner at BONDST! Just go, take my advise and go with an empty stomach and a very full wallet! Worth every damn dime.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

From the first time we went to Bond Street we fell in love with the place. The bartender made us delicious non alcohol drinks. He is the best mixologist I have ever experienced. The food is a bit expensive but we love it so we go on special occasions. They always make us feel like VIPs even though we don't live in the city so we are not there very often.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I ended up going to BondST on the recommendation of the locals who worked at a high end boutique in Soho. The restaurant was full, and had beautiful ambiance. I ended up sitting in the back room at the sushi bar, and had a very enjoyable meal. The sushi chef kind of over sold me more food than what I really needed, but it was very good. Not your typical sushi plates, and I know my sushi well. A little on the pricy side, but the fish was fresh, which is always important, and the food presentation was creative. This would be a great place for a date or a night out with friends. Many people were dressed up. This definitely seemed like a hot spot in this part of Manhattan.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Trendy restaurant with a creative menu. Went with a group of 4 and had a terrific time. Enjoyed the food and the service was good. Among the food we shared was red snapper tacos, shrimp risotto, octopus, some sushi rolls and sea bass. All was delicious. Don't think of it as a Japanese style sushi restaurant, more of a Asian fusion restaurant with a creative menu. I felt slightly rushed by the waiters (clearly they wanted to turn tables fast on a Saturday night) and found prices on the steep side - especially the drinks.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

My spouse and I visited BONDST for dinner on a Saturday evening in mid-October 2017. We booked our places using the online using the Open Table reservation system; however, we also called the restaurant to ensure seating at the sushi bar. Note that you can only make reservations for the dining room at BONDST; you cannot reserve a place for the lounge, which is first come-first served. BONDST is open daily for dinner only.

BONDST is located in the East Village, near NoHo, on Bond Street (as its name implies!) near the intersection of 4th Street and 4th Avenue. The restaurant occupies three floors of an historic brownstone. The 75-seat bar area/main dining room/sushi bar is located up one flight of stairs from the street, whereas the lounge is located down a flight of stairs from the street. A third-floor houses the upper-level dining area, including overflow dining and a private tatami room. (None of these areas seems handicap-accessible.) Although the lounge and the dining room share the same menu, seating is more casual in the basement lounge. Decor is minimalist, featuring wood and neutral tones. The main dining area contains a small bar with a few lounge seats adjacent, preceding table and semi-circular booth seating; the bustling sushi bar with tables adjacent occupies the rearmost room. Although we sat at the center of the sushi bar positioned in front of the head chef, he did not actually make any sushi for us; in other NYC Japanese restaurants that we have visited (including O Ya, Kura, Jewel Bako, Brushstroke, Kappo Masa), when we have been seated in front of the master chef, he has prepared and handed/served us our sushi piece by piece personally. In fact, the head chef at BONDST prepared only sushi rolls on the night that we dined, rather than sushi or sashimi. We missed that service element at BONDST.

BONDST serves Japanese cuisine, offering both an a la carte menu and several tasting menus. We chose the lowest-price tasting menu ($95 per person); the mid-priced $120 menu included the addition of sashimi, and the chef steered us away from the $140 highest price option, saying it was too much food. We ordered the shishito margarita and a Sapporo while we waited for our food service to begin. Our tasting menu included the following courses:

1. Sea-salted edamame
2. Mixed greens with ginger dressing
3. Oyster with mignonette and spicy tuna on crispy rice (served simultaneously)
4. Sushi sampler
5. Fish with parsnip puree, mushrooms
6. Sea bass with sesame-crusted rice
7. Miso soup
8. Two different desserts (bread pudding with whiskey toffee sauce, and the ricotta cup with macadamia nuts and bayberry granita)

We enjoyed the energy of the loud and busy atmosphere at BONDST; however, we prefer a more personalized and refined sushi experience.