“Food was amazing, service ruined it ”

Flor De Mayo Restaurant
Ranked #1,831 of 14,378 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

The food was great, I ordered a Pollo a la Brasa lunch special. It came with soup and a side of salad with white rice. The white rice was totally bland. I had to throw some salt on it to add some flavor. I would come back for the food but not for the service. The server looked like he could care less about our table and barely checked in with us.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

One of my fav in nyc. Brought a friend here for the first time.They fell in love with the place.The main reason was cuz of suzy our server. A1 Customer service &hospitality. The menu from top to bottom all good eats.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Good food. They are a little heavy handed with the alcohol in their drinks but I like that. This place is always crowded and there is always a wait. I guess that's to be expected with a popular restaurant in New York City. My favorite meal is the Peruvian rotisserie chicken with chicken fried rice. A half chicken is served and the rice is about a half pint. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because the desert menu is pretty much non existent. All they have is flan and milk shakes.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Spanish/ Chinese restaurant in business here for many years. They serve all the standard Chinese dishes you would find in a Chinese restaurant. A big plus here is the Peruvian chicken dishes which are fabulous & inexpensive. They also serve typical Spanish dishes found in Spanish / Portuguese restaurants. Full bar.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We were a large group there for a graduation celebration. We had heard great things and perhaps had unrealistic expectations. The service was ok. The food was just ok. The volume of the place made it difficult to hear conversations at our table. Disappointing overall.