“Cosy cafe with large selection of cakes”
Review of Cafe Lalo

Cafe Lalo
Ranked #49 of 691 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Cafe Lalo is an ideal place to get a coffee and enjoy a cake from a large selection. They also do light meals, with wine or beer, and a "bucket" of really good French fries. The cafe is on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and we walked over there across central Park after a visit to the Metropolitan Museum.
I have been there several times now and I really like that they don't try to hurry you out of the door once you have finished your order. You are free to stay and talk without necessarily continuing to order. very nice atmosphere with friendly staff. It has been the location for several movies including When Harry Met Sally and You've Got Mail.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Yes, this place was in a movie and it kind of still feels sparkly and special. And the desserts are amazing. So many of them and all are delicious. The tables are tight, kind of feels like a Parisian cafe where they pack them in. But a great way to end an evening on the Upper West Side.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

nice atmosphere. Came for brunch. I asked the waitress to describe a dish. She told me she wouldn't recommend it and customers didn't like it.
Hubby ordered the mozzarella tomato and pesto sandwich. The menu didn't say it was the ingredients cold on one slice of bread. That's not a sandwich.
so I went with a quiche. Ugh...I ve never had a bad quiche before. The crust was very very think and seemed lik it had been microwaved. The wasa about 2 tsp of quich filling in it.
I sent it back and orderd the Lola special...frozen yogurt with berries and a pastry. That was good. As I said in my title, stick with desert.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

One of our favorite places in all of Manhattan. A midnight visit was like being there at 7 pm. The place was full, but not overcrowded. They did not have much help, but the help was extremely welcoming and helpful. Their selections are the best we have found anywhere in NYC. Easy access from the MTA and cabs were also available in area late at night.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

What a cute cafe. The decor was inviting with a a French theme. The setting was quiet and quintessentially UWS and the food was delicious. Generous portions, great flavour and reasonable prices. We ate brunch here and this meal carried us through the whole day. Service was efficient and the seating was comfortable. I'd definitely eat here again. Also it was the scene in the movie 'You've Got Mail'.