“Authentic Brazilian food and feel on the Upper East Side”
Review of Zebu Grill

Zebu Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zebu Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,019 of 14,582 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 11 July 2017

You'll feel like you're in a local Brazilian restaurant, informal but lively, with excellent service, food, and drinks. To begin try the Salada Zebu (which ostensibly has everything in it but the kitchen sink). We then had the Feijoada which is Brazil's National Dish (beef, pork, sausages and black bean stew) and Carne Cozida which is country style beef over potato puree and black beans. For dessert try any of the flans (we had a coconut one which is not always on the menu). Rather than wine, have one of the delicious Brazilian mixed drinks. If you like Passion Fruit, some are infused with that. The place has a very "down home" vibe--the waiters are all charmers.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Nice small restaurant with simple decor. good service. braised shrimp in coconut milk lacked favor. seared strip with wine sauce was average. used a groupon and was disappointed that they tacked on surcharges for most of the appetizers and entrees and drinks. pro bably won't return.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Not sophisticated. Small and very simpático. We had picadinho. A little strange to have rice and beans and mashed potatoes in the same dish. I would suggest farofa, instead. The desserts lacked a bit of taste, but were ok. I would go back.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

As soon as my husband & I walked in the door, I was already excited to come back for a 2nd time! I love that it is away from the usual NYC hustle and bustle, but still close to subway stations.

The dining room is small and intimate. The atmosphere is lovely: soft music, candles & flowers on the table. Happy and friendly staff. My water glass was always full.

The food was authentic and amazing. I ordered a pretty simple dish, while my husband opted to be a little more adventurous. I think even the pickiest of eaters would have loved the dish with lemon-garlic chicken and rice! The plates are great potion size, not too big and not too small.

I can't wait to go back and try more Brazilian dishes!

Make sure to check Groupon for a deal! :)

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant 3x and I always wanted to keep coming back. The place is cute, small, cozy and has an authentic Brasilian feel. The staff are really friendly and accomodating. The food is everything. Try their local enroladinhos, Fejoada and carne cozida and you will be like yes yes I want more! Dont forget to ask for the chili sauce because it brings out tne flavor. And finish it with Bolo de Chocolate and you just had the most satisfying meal of the week.