“Duck breast very good”
Review of Cafe Boulud

Cafe Boulud
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Boulud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$40 - US$80
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: 5th and Madison Avenues
Transit: #6 Train to 77th Street & Lexington Avenue M1, M2,M3 or M4 buses on Madison Avenue - 77th Street Stop
Description: CAFÉ BOULUD features a French-American menu inspired by Chef Daniel Boulud's four culinary muses: la tradition, classic French cuisine; la saison, seasonal delicacies; le potager, the vegetable garden; and le voyage, the flavors of world cuisines. In addition to dinner seven nights, we feature a $37 two-course prix-fixe lunch six days a week, and brunch on Sundays. The restaurant is both a neighborhood gem and a destination for food lovers in search of casually elegant dining. Two private dining rooms seating 18 guest each are available for your private entertaining needs, and may be combined to accommodate 40. The restaurant's adjacent BAR PLEIADES serves inventive cocktails and a luxurious bar menu from 3 pm onwards. DANIEL • DB Bistro Moderne •Boulud Sud• Bar Boulud • DBGB Kitchen & Bar
Reviewed 9 December 2015

We had a fine lunch there and really enjoyed the duck breast. The ambience is business like - no doubt due to the timing (week day lunch). The staff is professional - making sure that we understand the Cafe Boulud in different cities have different menu since the chef is different. I agree that this particular one is very good, professional and courteous. However, since I have been to several Cafe Boulud all over N America, and if I am allowed to vote on my favourite, I would say the Toronto Cafe Boulud is top on my list.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

Could not score dinner reservations, but we were staying at the Surrey Hotel for the weekend. Our two breakfasts were perfect. Attentive staff provided cappuccino immediately and our delicious eggs, greens and potatoes were perfect. Hope to return for dinner.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

breakfast , lunch and dinner are all terrific! Be adventurous, you wont be disappointed. let your waiter guide you.

Reviewed 1 December 2015

The food was well prepared and servings were generous. The menu is a bit unimaginative. The noise level was a bit exuberant when he dining room was full.

Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

Food was well prepared. So if you want good French food, you'll be happy. However, I think the experience is what makes or breaks the restaurant because you can find good food in many locations. So from the experience aspect, the presentation, flow and overall rhythm of the service varied from obsequious to absent. Not sure I would return but glad I went based on previous reviews. We all have different expectations.