“As my friends was dreaming.. this place should convert me to vegan. Did not...”
Review of Angelica Kitchen - CLOSED

Angelica Kitchen
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Normal place with normal food. Not very tasty and not very bad. It did not impress me at all. I did not become a vegan :)

Reviewed 26 October 2016

When I am in Manhattan, I always make at least one trip to Angelica Kitchen, which is not for vegans only. The food is more alive with flavor and life force than in any other restaurant I have ever visited. Beause of changes in dietary fads toward meat and low carb, Angelica Kitchen does not have the long waits that it once had, but the food keeps evolving and is more delicious and innovative than ever. I love everything from the kombu ginger broth to the classic Wee Dragon Bargain. The picnic plate is fun, as one can try several specialties. I like to include the baked, marinated tempeh and lentil walnut pate because I have the Angelica Kitchen cookbook and know how long it takes to make those two delicacies. Angelica Kitchen is very special. One could probably not make the same meals for much less with organic, locally raised farm products. I eagerly await my return to Angelica Kitchen.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Rather traditional heavy vegan food. Not cheap and lacking flavour, apart from the wasabi which blew my head off. Service was ok.

1  Thank Jane800
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

The food at Angelica's Kitchen was outstanding! This is the best vegan restaurant I have EVER eaten at! So much option and so health conscious! I love the menu and everything the business stands for! Devastated I only got to visit once at the end of my trip to the city, but next time I know I will be a regular there!
Amazing food, amazing atmosphere and amazing customer service! 10/10 experience eating at Angelica's Kitchen!

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Food - We took 3 dishes:
The guacamole (very small portion) was good with nice chips.
Then the WARM VEGETABLE SALAD came... Not warm at all (cold "killed" vegetables on arugula with ton of vinaigrette to a level that you cannot eat it, we left it almost untouched...
The THAI COCONUT--LEMONGRASS CURRY was not evenly cooked. The curry sauce was tasteless in my eyes but the other person said it was eatable...

Service - When the waiter came to check if we are done... He saw the salad is almost untouched and asked if we want to pack and take... We told him that it was not good to a level that we could not eat it... He laughed and took it off the table.

1  Thank Kartofale