“Homely...”

Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Staying on W31st for a couple of nights....snow was starting but I fancied some local veggie fayre. So headed down to the village....travelling alone on business.

Charming place, 10 min walk from subway station. Welcoming staff who offered me own table or shared; went for shared and sat at big wide table. Read the NY Times....like a real newspaper, not on a phone....an actual paper.

Had chilli and blue chips. Arrived in less than 10mins. Perfect amount, nice spicy kick, great chips and al dente mango side provided a lovely cool crunch. Peak organic ale went very well....and at 7% gave me a cheeky buzz.

Very cosy, will definitely be back next time I'm in NYC on business.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

I'm from out of town but I have eaten at Angelica Kitchen several times. The food choices are great and the prices are reasonable. There are great soups, salads, mains, and daily specials. Their miso soup is wonderful, the avocado toast had a generous portion of avocado, and the walnut-lentil pate was tasty. They have their own style of gluten-free cornbread, and interesting spreads--I tried the ginger-carrot. There are teas and wines as well.
The restaurant itself is light and comfortable, the kind of place you tend to linger in. You get the feeling that a LOT of people have been coming here for a long time. The tables are wood and there is enough space to relax. The staff is young and seems to be enjoying themselves, that said, they are very friendly and professional. On one visit, a fussy 3-year old did not seem to bother them. Small requests for changes to items were cheerfully accommodated. .
It is only a 10 minute walk from Union Square, where most subway trains go. Since I am an occasional visitor to that area, I guess I will become an occasional regular to Angelica! Great job folks.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Had a very nice vegetable soup with some cornbread. My entree was the coconut curry. It was good, with many interesting ingredients. Recommended for food that will make you feel healthy.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Waiter was lovely and the food beautiful. Would definitely recommend. The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated and the general ambience is calm and friendly. The food was served promptly and nothing was overlooked. We had two juices, one chilli, one dal special, hot chocolate and one drink which had apple vinegar in it but I can't remember what it was called. Every thing we had was superb and the flavours were amazing. Given how much we ate, we didn't leave with that uncomfortably full feeing at all!

Reviewed 30 December 2016

I discovered this place during my one week in New York in May 2016.
Great food, good prices, cosy location, nice neighbourhood, amazing stuff.
I love it & I miss it so much !!!