“Fabulhoft!!!!!”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gramercy Park
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This authentic, neighborhood restaurant, is replete with weinerschnitzel, spaetzle, German wines, apple struedel, just all delicious dishes!!! I dined at the bar, and spoke with mostly regulars. The service was terrific, and, the atmosphere, is an amazing tribute to Germanic Christmas, which took weeks to create, and will be staying up until June. It's a tradition! SEE IT! STAY TO EAT!!!!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The line is usually down the block just to have a beer during the holiday season. The food is just ok, but it is a cool spot for the holidays.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

With my three girlfriends we went to Rols´s second week in December 2017 with reservation. We were seated into the most uncomfortable table I have ever seen (restaurant is full of them). We ordered drinks. Then waiter told us if we are not going to eat we need to leave the table and go to the bar. We were fine with that, but before we got a chance to say something he said "Did you understand me?" with very rude tone. Waiter brought us a bill before our moving to the bar for the drinks 4x17 USD per drink. 68 USD in total. We pass him the card for paying. When he came back he brought us a bill from card machine with another 20% of gratuity. I was shocked. We wanted to tip (I know its a custom in US), but he was rude all the time and did not deserved 20% for only bringing drinks to us. When I told him that on the bill we agreed to pay was no 20% tip he became even more rude to me and almost scream at me things as "From which country are you? You have to tip in US, its mandatory" after longer discussion he refunded the payment to our card with some more rude comments and we pay the original bill with smaller tip.

3  Thank Marie K
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This is the second time I've visited Rolf's and it's a can't miss stop if you are looking for Christmas cheer. Words can't describe how beautifully the space is decorated. The food is pretty good, although the German menu is fairly small. Great German beers and an outstanding Bloody Mary. Make a reservation early (October) for right when they open. Waiting in line to get a table can take hours.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Literally every inch of wall, ceiling & post in this German restaurant is covered with ornaments at Christmas time. German fare menue but reservations must be made well in advance as the restaurant is relatively small and always packed....if lucky you may sneak into the bar just to experience the décor without reservations.