“BBQ bar experience”

Virgil's Real BBQ -Time Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Virgil's Real BBQ -Time Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #853 of 14,520 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway and 44th
Transit: LOCATED ON WEST 44TH STREET BET. BROADWAY AND 6TH AVE. A,B,D,E,F,1,2,3,N,R,Q,W. TRAINS to 42nd street times square.
Description: Virgil's Real Barbecue has been acclaimed as one of America's top 10 BBQ restaurants. Established 1994, Virgil's meats are smoked at a low temperature over indirect heat for up to ten hours with a unique mix of hickory, oak and fruit woods in order to impart the most flavor. Virgil's Real BBQ is located in Times Square, New York.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well, it's got to be done - when in the US, find a loud bar that serves massive plates of BBQ food. This was recommended as one of the best in New York and it didn't disappoint. Huge amounts of BBQd meats which you either love or hate, smothered in sauce and all the trimmings - mac & cheese, grits, fries, greens, biscuits etc. March madness was on so you could watch the basketball on huge screens, just to add to all the noise. It was great, though I couldn't do it very often ... It was packed, and we were glad we booked.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,727)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great choice for BBQ combo. My favourite is BBQ Ribs with mixed sauces. Definitely come back if I visit New York again

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve eaten bbq in NC, SC, TN, GA, VA, TX, IL, and MO and although being owned by a conglomeration Virgil’s holds up well! We were in NYC for 6 days and new we had time to get out NYC food fix in so we decided to go for bbq on a suggestion from my cousin who lives in the area! Virgil’s is in the Times Square Area by a lot of restaurants and tourist attractions and was extremely busy! We started off with the brisket nachos for an app, awesome flavors, brisket was pulled apart and soaked in bbq sauce(which was really good), the nacho chips were good and there was so much melted cheesy goodness on it!!
I had the brisket sandwich, with potato salad and slaw...brisket had great flavor, no bbq sauce was needed and the salad and slaw were good! My wife had combo platter with pulled pork, St Louis ribs, brisket, beans, Mac-n-cheese and cornbread muffin, all the meat was awesome, the beans flavorful, the Mac and cornbread were so so! Our daughter had brisket, almond rice, Mac-n-cheese and cornbread muffin...brisket awesome (we are a brisket family, it’s real bbq meat!), mac and muffin okay and rice was good!
I’m glad we stopped in to eat at Virgil’s it didn’t disappoint!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited this place on November, 2017 for my very first trip to New York. We came here because it is great location, just 2 mins walking from Times Squares. Great food, I love the BBQ ribs with the mixed sauce. Good atmosphere and busy. Recommended!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went for dinner and the food was very good. I had the southern Caesar salad which was excellent. Lots of tvs in the restaurant so we could watch march madness basketball. Beef brisket was tender and flavorful. Fries were fresh.