“Best escargot in Manhattan”
Review of Marseille

Marseille
Reserve with OpenTable
Marseille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 14,292 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 44th Street
Transit: A,C,E,B,D,F,N,R to 42nd Street
Reviewed 10 December 2015

Now my favorite French restaurant in NYC. The food was fantastic from the whole fish to the duck breast and lamb...all prepared with care and excellence.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

Ruby red sunrise cocktail with a slice of fresh red grapefruit was a nice touch. Their vegetable pistou soup was yummy, though the veggies were a bit too crisp. We shared the Tillamook cheddar and ham omelette which was perfectly cooked. A big slightly noisy spot. But food was delicious and we were happy we chose this spot.

1  Thank skm4444
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I loved the atmosphere as well as the food. Great ambiance! We stopped in for a drink our first night and came back for dinner a few days later. Escargot, crab cakes and onion soup were standouts. But judging from the plates passing by, I suspect everything was delicious. I would definitely go again.

1  Thank JanieCHS
Reviewed 6 December 2015

French Brasserie Style...very busy place, noisy.
The menu is a bit confusing for Europeans, I would say, but the food is good, and service is equally more than satisfactory.

Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

Marseille was a walk-by choice for me, for brunch on a Sunday late morning. No problem at all to get a table for one, and the staff were friendly. The setting is French Bistro style, however the menu also offers New York classics like bagels and smoked salmon. The bagel and fries I had were average.