“Great Prix Fixe Menu”
Review of Le Rivage

Le Rivage
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Rivage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #333 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street; N, R & W trains to 49th Street; 1 train to 50th Street; and all trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
Description: Le Rivage offers you a cozy, romantic French country atmosphere where traditional French cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure. Fresh flowers embellish each table. Prices are delightfully affordable with incredibly rewarding selections; a true bargain in the heart of the theatre district.
Reviewed 11 October 2014

Great $25 3 course menu. Great choice. Food was delicious and service was excellent. Would definitely recommend

Reviewed 10 October 2014

The food was OK. The service was very good. The price was outrageous considering choices and prices offered non prime time. This "French" restaurant in the theater district offers prix fixed menus determined by time of day. Currently you can eat dinner there after matinees or pre evening performance at an overly inflated price. At other times the menu seems more reasonable.
I ordered Chicken Cordon Blue which was OK My friend order Duck which she liked but I thought could have & should have been rarer.
I might have given this restaurant a better rating if an a la carte menu had been available. It was not. I can not & probably will not return. Nor would I suggest that any of my friends visit the restaurant.

1  Thank sovta
Reviewed 6 October 2014

We have been coming here for decades and have never been disappointed. If you can get there after 7:30 on theatre nights, they have a terrific $25 three course prix fixe. We go there every time we are in the city

Reviewed 5 October 2014

Enjoyed the Prix Fixe lunch. Food was delicious. Price was terrific. Service was excellent. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 3 October 2014

Anyone traveling by plane knows how annoying it is if someone in back of your seat keeps kicking the back of your seat. That was, what I experienced while having lunch. Everyone walking behind my seat, due to the narrow isle, bumped my chair. Very miserable experience.
I had read many good reviews of the restaurant and I wish I could do the same. Maybe I selected wrong. The Beetsalad consisted of about 20 very small cubes of beets and a few of the tiniest green leaves. The Salmon, on a bed of spinach was generous. The spinach was barely there. No other side was presented on the plate. I was dissapointed that the skin was left on the fish. The Napoleon and coffee was tasty.

1  Thank Susi175