“Great French bistro”
Review of Le Rivage

Le Rivage
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Rivage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #515 of 14,730 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street; N, R & W trains to 49th Street; 1 train to 50th Street; and all trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
Description: Le Rivage offers you a cozy, romantic French country atmosphere where traditional French cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure. Fresh flowers embellish each table. Prices are delightfully affordable with incredibly rewarding selections; a true bargain in the heart of the theatre district.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This is an excellent French restaurant in Manhattan. We started with cocktails and ordered appetizers - beet salad and mussels, both outstanding. As main dishes we shared the beef bourgogne and the onion soup burger - both highly recommended. Their burger is special and they charge a hefty price for it.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This is a must stop in NYC--great food and great value. Wonderful prix fixe dinner for $39, plus a great (and for NYC) reasonably priced wine list.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Best dinner of recent NYC trip. We had a Groupon deal that included the Prix Fixe menu and a bottle of wine. Groupon on fine print was for after 7:00, which worked out well as we saw a Wed. matinee. Located in Broadway theatre area. Very intimate setting, like being in a small restaurant in France. Top notch service. Nice choice of meals, if Groupon, be sure to mention. We had the best beet salad ever and mussels for appetizers, Beef Bourguigon & Chicken Cordon Bleu - nice portions and prepared to perfection.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I always dine at Le Rivage when we are in NYC for a Broadway show. Our dinner this time was excellent, as always. The only mediocre part of the meal was the bread pudding. The wine list is broad enough, but not pretentious or overly expensive. The staff are very attentive, and the atmosphere is very comfortable. This is our favorite Restaurant Row location!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Originally I had plans to eat by myself before a show, but luck brought an opportunity to eat with friends. Even though I ordered first ( and started first ) to accommodate the 7pm showtime, I did not have enough time to finish my wonderful meal or even get dessert. The staff is lovely, the food savory and appropriately portioned but alas I just did not have enough time. Seated and ordered by 5:45 just did not due the experience justice. I ordered the beet salad, lamp chops and chocolate mousse. Friends ordered trout and vegetable ratatouille. Will absolutely recommend and return.