“Excellent Korean Vegetarian Fare in Mid-town”
Review of Hangawi

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 13 March 2016

If you are looking for an authentic east Asian restaurant to take your vegetarian friends to, this is the one. As much as I have a difficult time imagining yummy Korean fare being vegetarian, Hangawi proved me wrong with every morsel. The food is served up in traditional style, and the range of delectables is quite impressive. If there is one criticism I would have of this place, its that the floor seating is a bit cramped for large Americans. Otherwise, I would recommend this all day, every day.

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

If you have not been to this restaurant yet, you must
We went while on a three day trip to New York from the U.K
Our taste buds will never be the same again!!!!
Who says vegan is boring. The presentation and taste was simply amazing. Please open in Liverpool

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

I'm not a fan of vegan food but I am a huge fan of Korean cuisine. I never noticed the lack of meat in this restaurant. Everything tasted wonderful and well-seasoned! My Favourite was the wild mushroom stone bowl rice.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Tasty, mouth watering variations of regular Korean dishes. The soups, vegetables, mushrooms, bean curd variations, varieties of soju, everything we tried was very good. It was my first visit and I will go back. Couldn't do full justice to the menu in one visit.

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

We loved everything about this place. The ambience was very special and the food was delicious. My girlfriend is a vegetarian, whereas I was most looking forward to the NY steakhouses but this place really impressed me. We would definitely eat here again.