“Vegeterian with a twist, great tastes”
Review of Hangawi

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 14 January 2017

We visited this very interesting resaurant, our first night out in NY. You take off your shoes, sit in very low tables, getting prepared for a great experience. It was perfect, well prepared, balanced and tasty. Bit expensive for us, but well deserved. Looking forward to our next visit in NY. Do not forget to drink their tea at the end!

Reviewed 12 January 2017

We reserved a table at Hangawi after listening to reviews and we made the right decision. The ambience of the restaurant is excellent and a lot of thought has been put into furnishing the restaurant. When you enter the restaurant you are asked to remove your shoes. These are neatly stacked away by the wait staff once you proceed to your table. It is a Korean sit down restaurant so don't be surprised. The wait staff are very polite and have a good understanding of the menu. The food is very well presented and at no point you realise this is a vegan/vegetarian restaurant. We ordered a lot of items on the menu and everything was eaten. Some of us were left licking our plates literally. The vegan coconut and chocolate chip ice cream were to die for and we ordered seconds even though I was suffering from a nasty cold. A must visit place which is popular with meat lovers as well.

1  Thank Hetsnz
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Great experience overall! Delicious food, nice warm feet without shoes on the heated floor, very good and spicy ginger tea. We had starters and main course, just too bad I didn't have any space left to try the desserts, next time !
The main course came in a hot bowl & I had to stir in the miso and the fry the rice in it, it was so good !

1  Thank misspurpleann
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Everything about this experience was wonderful. From the amazing service, to the warm, earthy atmosphere, and of course, the incredible food. This was honestly one of my best experiences at a restaurant.

As a vegetarian, I appreciate being able to look at anything on the menu and be able to order without any worries in the back of my mind. I visited the restaurant with a group of my cousins on a cold winter day for lunch. It's a beautiful restaurant but seating is limited, so I definitely recommend making a reservation.

We started off with the vegetarian dumplings and combination pancakes platter (all were delicious but my favourite were the leek pancakes).
I had the Organic Zen Noodles - absolute perfection. So well-balanced in flavour, just really delicious. I'm craving it now just thinking about it.
I also got to try the Todok Stone Bowl Rice - It comes piping hot in a stone bowl and is full of spicy delicious flavour.
Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals, it was just a shame we couldn't stay for dessert!

I look forward to the next time I'm in town and can make my way back to Hangawi. Let's just say, I'm a fan.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Went there with my husband and his two sister about 2 years ago. I was the only vegetarian in our group and they were a bit suspicious if we were going to have a good dinner in a vegetarian Korean restaurant. For everyone's surprise we did have not only an amazing dinner but one of the best dishes of our entire lives (and they are meat eaters!).
We left NY a bit gutted because we were leaving this amazing restaurant behind and until our next meal there it might take a wee while.