“Seriously tasty vegan food”
Review of Hangawi

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I was wary about trying this restaurant because it is Korean, having visited Korea and being less than impressed with what we ate. What an eye opener. The service was excellent - the food was absolutely delicious and varied. Beautifully presented dishes too. I have had my mind changed about Korean cuisine - also I'm not vegan, but I would go back.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

Vegetarians who live in places other than the Big Apple don't have places to indulge like Hangawi which features an amazing array of dishes; hot and cold, spicy and not. It is a very lovely restaurant inside--authentic looking--they make you take your shoes off and sit on cushions on the floor (although your feet do dangle beneath the table). Servers are dressed in traditional costumes so the ambiance is all very Korean. Hangawi also offers some really interesting cocktails with Korean ingredients and the food is really very delicious! I will definitely return when I am in town!

Reviewed 20 January 2017

My boyfriend suggested this place with the good reviews. I was pleasantly surprised , very nice seating experience and decor. I recommend the kale/pumkin pancake mix, the mushroom fritters and stuffed portobello mushrooms

1  Thank 8graziella8
Reviewed 14 January 2017

We visited this very interesting resaurant, our first night out in NY. You take off your shoes, sit in very low tables, getting prepared for a great experience. It was perfect, well prepared, balanced and tasty. Bit expensive for us, but well deserved. Looking forward to our next visit in NY. Do not forget to drink their tea at the end!

Reviewed 12 January 2017

We reserved a table at Hangawi after listening to reviews and we made the right decision. The ambience of the restaurant is excellent and a lot of thought has been put into furnishing the restaurant. When you enter the restaurant you are asked to remove your shoes. These are neatly stacked away by the wait staff once you proceed to your table. It is a Korean sit down restaurant so don't be surprised. The wait staff are very polite and have a good understanding of the menu. The food is very well presented and at no point you realise this is a vegan/vegetarian restaurant. We ordered a lot of items on the menu and everything was eaten. Some of us were left licking our plates literally. The vegan coconut and chocolate chip ice cream were to die for and we ordered seconds even though I was suffering from a nasty cold. A must visit place which is popular with meat lovers as well.

1  Thank Hetsnz