“Good eats, didn't miss the meats”
Review of Hangawi

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 2 February 2017

I met a vegan business associate here for lunch. I'd read about the shoes off thing beforehand so I wore some fancy socks and felt duly proud of myself for thinking of it. It was restaurant week but I decided to go off the fixed price menu. Since I can never get enough Kimchi in my belly, I had flavorful, fiery Kimchi and Mushroom pancakes for an appetizer and only let one of them get away so my associate could try it. I followed it up with a Kimchi rice bowl which was served bimbimbop style in a hot bowl and was delicious. I finished with some mango sorbet which was creamy, sweet, and appropriately decadent. Great spot, nice decor, great service, clean.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

I came out of Hangawi pleasantly surprised.

I appreciate vegetarian dishes, but I'm primarily a carnivore. Hangawi has a mysterious way to satiate a meat-loving consumer in both taste and filling-ness. Though prices are a little on the higher end of the spectrum for this type of cuisine, I'd say it was well worth it. I had the privilege of trying the pancake sampler and sesame leaf tofu appetizers, which were really delicious. The stuff mushroom and a root delicacy in the same family as ginseng were also good. The tofu and broccoli was not as impressive, but wasn't bad.

Overall, Hangawi is a good option for Korean-inspired vegetarian cuisine.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I was wary about trying this restaurant because it is Korean, having visited Korea and being less than impressed with what we ate. What an eye opener. The service was excellent - the food was absolutely delicious and varied. Beautifully presented dishes too. I have had my mind changed about Korean cuisine - also I'm not vegan, but I would go back.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

Vegetarians who live in places other than the Big Apple don't have places to indulge like Hangawi which features an amazing array of dishes; hot and cold, spicy and not. It is a very lovely restaurant inside--authentic looking--they make you take your shoes off and sit on cushions on the floor (although your feet do dangle beneath the table). Servers are dressed in traditional costumes so the ambiance is all very Korean. Hangawi also offers some really interesting cocktails with Korean ingredients and the food is really very delicious! I will definitely return when I am in town!

Reviewed 20 January 2017

My boyfriend suggested this place with the good reviews. I was pleasantly surprised , very nice seating experience and decor. I recommend the kale/pumkin pancake mix, the mushroom fritters and stuffed portobello mushrooms

1  Thank 8graziella8