“Great breakfast that is way overpriced ”
Review of Norma's

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: Subway: N,R,W,Q and F
Description: Voted "Best Breakfast" on Citysearch.com! There is no need to be "A Morning Person" to enjoy what many call the "BEST" most "INTERESTING" Breakfast in Town, served until 3PM at this "ATTRACTIVE" Hotel. Midtowner, die-hard sleep-in say, "it should be open later."
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Norma’s offers good quality food with a great presentation and good portion sizes. The decor is very nice and the service is very good. Breakfast for one person will run you about $40 to $50 per person which just seems way over the top for a morning meal. Excellent coffee and the restaurant provides you a shot of a complimentary smoothie which was very good. You certainly won’t walk away hungry, but you will definitely walk away with less cash in your pocket. If price is no issue, you’ll love the food, service and ambiance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,322)

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Eggs Benedict and all sort of fantastic pancakes and French toast, Filtered coffee pots and fresh berry drinks.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We were hotel patrons and on our last day we decided to have breakfast here. We were advised to make reservations as service is slow and one needs to allocate an hour for their breakfast meal. Definitely not the place for a more normal, quicker meal. Prices are way too high, but the food is good - I had the Irish oatmeal and fruit while my wife had a half order of blueberry pancakes. Our server was matter-of-fact and seemed in a hurry. It was an okay meal but nothing out of the ordinary except the prices! Will not be returning.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

This is apparently a famous lace for breakfast in New York City. And some business colleagues who wanted to impress me took me here, I assume, to impress me into buying what they were selling. I had bacon and eggs. No potatoes, but fruit instead. The scrambled eggs were fine as was the enormous pile of bacon and a couple of sausage links for some reason. If this were Denny's or IHOP or even Cracker Barrel, the food would have been about the same. But this bacon and eggs was $32. True, it was served on better china in a fancier dining room in a very expensive city, but $32? I wasn't even paying and I was shocked. No question that food is expensive in New York City. But you can get a very nice breakfast in midtown for a lot less than $32. OK, that's my review. Or maybe it was just a rant.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

After a few days on a business trip in NYC last week, my wife joined me for the weekend to visit some of her extended family. We stayed at the Parker Meridien in midtown Manhattan and saw all the great PR for Norma's, located in the hotel and apparently "the best breakfast in NYC!!" We knew we were going to have a long day on Saturday so we laughed about the huge, wonderful breakfast we would have at Norma's in the morning before we turned in. What happened instead was one of the WORST meal experiences we have ever had. First, we knew this was going to be expensive, because, after all, we were in NYC. But, both our omelets were undercooked and not hot. My wife's omelet was not made per her instructions. Our toast, which we asked by toasted well, was barely toasted at all. IF we could have gotten the attention of our waiter, we would have sent everything back and say, "try again". But by the time we did get his attention (what ever happened to a server stopping by the table to ask if everything is ok?) it was too late and we ate around the edges of our omelets. To the waiter's credit, he did not charge us for my wife's order, but the damage was already done. This place is a factory, just turning tables and working as fast as they can. I would definitely NOT recommend Norma's to anyone living in or visiting NYC. There are many better places to go for breakfast. I had a business breakfast earlier last week at Sarabeth's and it was OUTSTANDING! Stay away from Norma's! Expensive, low quality, terrible service.