“There are no words”
Review of Asiate

Asiate
Reserve with OpenTable
Asiate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #321 of 14,311 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 60th Street between Broadway and 9th Avenue
Transit: 1, B, D, A and C Trains
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My wife and I were gifted a meal here by work colleagues for our honeymoon and we genuinely didn't know what to expect when we arrived. The meal consisted of a 6 course tasting menu.

On arrival the first thing you notice is the relaxed atmosphere that the restaurant has. Then the second thing hits you. As you look out the window 35 floors up in the air, one side of the view is the hustle and bustle of NYC, the skyscrapers, the never ending trail of traffic and the trail of specks that are the New Yorkers mingling with the tourists at street level and the other half of the view is the peace and tranquillity of Central Park.

The service was second to none - the friendly, efficient and busy waiting staff are very much a part of the experience here and they didn't disappoint when we visited.

Whilst the setting and the service is very good, I have to be honest and say that the food is the main attraction. Our tasting menu consisted of Lobster, then scallops, a good sized portion of turbot which was seasoned to perfection, foie gras, followed by a duo of wagyu beef and finally a strawberry short cake desert. The lobster was beautiful and if I'm honest each course was better than the one that preceded it, with the exception of the fois gras but that is purely because I'm not a huge fan of this dish.

If I'm ever back in NYC, I'll definitely be booking a table with a view.

Mandarin_NYC, Manager at Asiate, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Rich W,

We appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with us at Asiate for your honeymoon. It is lovely to hear how much you enjoyed our dishes, the service and the views from the restaurant. We hope to welcome you back for future celebrations.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Food was great! Service was fast, warm and efficient! I will definitely go again. They have a very wide selection of fine and quality wines. The price is reasonable! The view is awesome ... overlooking manhattan at night! We had a fabulous dining experience!

Mandarin_NYC, Manager at Asiate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear precillatan,

We appreciate the time you took to write such a lovely review of your experience with us at Asiate. We hope to have the pleasure of your company again very soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

So my gf and I ate here this past Saturday night. Honestly for the price I was unimpressed. From the beginning when I made the reservation I requested a window seat, I was told they would put a strong request for it. When we arrived we were told that none were available even though there was (see attached photo). We did however get seated kinda close to the window, so we got a okay view but still would of preferred the window seat. The service was ok, they forgot to give my gf her drink order which I find unacceptable at a restaurant at this price range. Other then that minor slip up the service was average, nothing special but nothing else bad. The food was okay, I'm a vegetarian, so they had options which was good but they were small portions. We actually were still a little hungry when we went back to our hotel. Despite the small portions the find was decent. My gf had the duck and loved it, I had the burrata which was ok and I had some mixed pasta dish which was decent. The desert was really good, I had a chocolate lava cake thing with gold on it and ice cream. Very Good! The meal with two drinks and tip cost me $313. We were done in a hour, I felt the pace was kinda fast and was disappointed that besides the assortment of breads they offered (which was excellent) there were no extras. I understand this isn't a Michelin starred restaurant but for this price I expected a little more and for the experience to last more then a hour. We ended up eating at a certain restaurant in Trump tower for lunch the following day and that experience for around the same price was spectacular! This restaurant has a amazing view, I just wish the rest of the dining experience was just as amazing. Needless to say, I learned my lesson, and will be sticking with Michelin starred establishments when I'm in NYC and I advise everybody else to do the same.

2  Thank zoanemesis

Dear zoanemesis,

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us at Asiate. While we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed dessert, we are sorry that your overall experience did not live up to your expectations or those that we strive to provide to each of our guests. We invite you to email monyc-executiveoffice@mohg.com so we may further examine the issues you experienced.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Spectacula view of Central Park and manhatten akyline. Friendly and efficient staff. Good food. Good atmosphere and not too load so you can talk with your friend without shouting.

Dear Kristin B,

We truly appreciate the time you took to write about your experience with us at Asiate. It is lovely to hear how much you enjoyed the service provided by our team along with the menu and the views. We hope that you will join us again very soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I made plans to dine with a good friend at Asiate @ Mandarin Oriental. We were expecting the usual good choices that Asiate offers, but instead we found that the chef from Mandarin Oriental Miami was in residence with a set Peruvian menu. What a delightful surprise! Everything was superb and we couldn't have had a better lunch!

Dear scottofsg,

We appreciate you taking a moment to write about your experience with us at Asiate. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed Chef Diego Oko from La Mar at Mandarin Oriental, Miami's pop-up event and we hope to have the pleasure of your company again soon.