“Purdy Looking plates”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I sat at the counter for a late breakfast, very late as it was after 3 pm.
Lots of tasty sounding items on the menu, but had my stomach ready for eggs.
Ordered scrambled bacon, home fries and whole wheat toast.
I'm glad I didn't see the food coming out of the kitchen before I ordered or there would have been trouble. The Turkey I almost ordered looks terrific, nicely piled, so I would have wanted that.
Then the burgers, nice and thick, I saw made me want them.
In fact everything I saw, the big pancakes and super thick french toast, would have keep me from ever making up my mind.
Service was very good. When I asked for more butter one of the other restaurant personal had it on the counter before the waitress could get it.
The eggs were perfectly cooked. 4 slices of bacon in lieu of the 2 most places give, were nice and crisp. The home fries filled half the plate so I could barely finish them.
Toast could have been toastier.
Bathroom was clean and the prices low for the City.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

While in Manhattan for a business meeting,I had a desire for some dinner food. This place was just a block and a.half away, so I tried it. Glad I did as the Matzo Ball Soup was very good and the Turkey Sandwich was fresh cut turkey rather than lunch meat like so many other places offer. I'd go back!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I'll start with the staff is friendly and it pretty much goes downhill from there. They do give you somewhat generous portions for a good price, but when it's bland as cardboard or overcooked, is it really a good deal. Matzo ball soup, salty yellow water with two tasteless golf balls, meatloaf, cardboard like. Toast for breakfast dishes, burnt. If you can't get toast right, are we in the correct career? Not NYCs best example of quick comfort food. Display case with desserts was a mess, not the best way to make me order a piece of cake. Walk the extra block somewhere else if its not raining.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

During our 5 night stay in NY we prob went here 8 times either for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Menu is trad style NY diner fodder with the odd twist, decor is old skool cool, service FAST, food excellent, well cooked and presented and great value. Couple of staff were a bit grumpy otherwise perfect for us!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Ate here twice over our stay in NYC as it was close to our hotel.
The breakfast options are brilliant.
I had the Delux eggs with toast, sausage, ham and bacon. Yummy.
My husband had the lumberjack - french toast from Brioche, bacon and eggs.
Quick, friendly and efficient service.
Definitely recommend a visit here.