“Very Tasty”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

I happened upon this spot while traveling for business. I had one of the meals I think they call it a pot meal it was Thai chicken. It was very tasty, good flavors, good portion. My only complaint is that the way they packaged it and put it in the bag it leaked and I had a quite a bit of a mess when it came time to eat it. The price for was average for what you expect in New York City. I think the pot meal, a small salad and a drink was close to $18.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Did not try the soups, which they are famous for, but went with a design your own salad. Fresh ingredients and many options. I like the way the automatically include some of the basics like carrots and cucumbers in the standard price and then pick 5 on top of that. It is a small place so it gets busy during lunch. There are two lines - one for salads and one for hot items like sandwiches and the soups. Price was about the same as the other 'design your own salad' places ... but I felt for the price I received more variety.

1  Thank Scuba_Divers
Reviewed 28 October 2016

We had the best American salad and soup from this shop. Everything was eaten (or Drunk) service was quick, helpful and friendly. It is just a shame there is no branch in Belfast

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I had intended on eating across the street at The Soupman but their choice was limited to five soups. So, I decided to give Hale and Hearty a try.
I'm glad I did!

The man working behind the lunch bar was very friendly and helpful. He offered samples of a couple soups. I decided on the Chicken Curry soup. Hot and tasty!
This is soup worth going out of your way for.

Best of all they also offer salads and 2-3 choices of bread.

This place left me wondering why nobody has opened up a soup place in my town.

1  Thank SteveB15
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Lots of choices and there is much more than soup available. Sandwiches and desserts are ready and waiting for you. The best part; Free water. The plastic cups are right at the water station and your choice of lemon or no lemon water. A really nice touch in a city that delights in charging your for water in so many of the fast food venues.