“Great dinner”

Rosa Mexicano - Union Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosa Mexicano - Union Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #873 of 14,524 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$35 - US$35
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Between 5th and Broadway
Transit: Union Square Subway (L,N,Q,R,W,4,5,6)
Description: Just blocks away from Manhattan's lively Union Square, our third New York location provides a warm and vibrant setting for our award-winning authentic Mexican cuisine. Designed by David Rockwell and launched in October 2005, this stunning restaurant features architectural accents inspired by the late, famed Mexican architect, Luis Barragan. The internally illuminated electric-blue tiled water wall features cliff diver figurines and candles among the cascading water to separate the bar from the main dining room. Warm terracotta and yellow colors with hot pink accents are featured throughout the restaurant as well as traditional, one-of-a-kind Mexican crafts, fabrics and artwork. This combination creates the perfect backdrop for the festive atmosphere and innovative Mexican cuisine of Rosa Mexicano.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very busy place despite being huge inside - reservations being essential.
Great choices in menu and food very tasty.
Gluten free options available in abundance.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It’s a good address in the Union Square neighborhood. Nice, relaxed atmosphere it’s ideal for a group of friends on a Friday evening. Good cocktails and the food is quite good: perfect to share a few tacos and enchiladas. Very reasonably priced. Service is friendly although a bit slow

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is value for money with delicious food. I highly recommend the guacamole as they make it fresh and can even spice it up. The drinks are really well made and their enchiladas are to die for. I really think this restaurant has its act together Really worth it and I will go back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time at this specific location, but always great food and atmosphere. The inside of the eatablishment is very cool and modern. The fresh "made in front of you" guacamole is always a hit as well as the tasty (and potent) pomegranate margaritas. The entrees were filling. They have all the favorites and more. To me, it is still hard for me to pay so much for Mexican food... but it is NYC. This time I had the Budin de Pollo, which I very much enjoyed.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited here after being recommended it by our hotel concierge, and were not disappointed. The menu has some lovely dishes on it, different from what we might see at a Mexican in the UK. We selected a main each and had the guacamole to start, which they make fresh to your spice liking. I have to say it was the best guacamole I have had, I could have eaten it all night!!! Both of our mains were delicious and the cocktails were great too.

I would definitely recommend