“Entertaining and informative”

Museum Hack
Ranked #14 of 673 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: New York: We lead unconventional tours of the world’s best museums. Ours are not your grandma’s museum tours - though, your grandma would probably have a lot of fun! We began offering these unique experiences at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and today host hundreds of tours at museums in cities across the U.S. Our signature un-highlights tour puts an alternative spin on the museum, featuring the other sides to the highlights we love, as well as some of the strangest, wildest, and sexiest stories hidden throughout the museum. Other specialty tours, like our Badass Bitches tours or Drag Tours help you see the museum in a whole new way. In addition to our group tours, we do private tours for groups (no strangers allowed!), families, corporate teams, and more. Spots are limited and tours fill up fast, so we recommend booking your tour in advance.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall, a great experience for us and a fun way to tour the museum (which sometimes can be dreary or get monotonous with a less vibrant host). Our guides, Lindsay and Scott, were friendly, had some great information and knowledge to share, and they did so in an extremely entertaining and humorous fashion.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,755)
All reviews
"great tour"
in 68 reviews
"small group"
in 29 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 31 reviews
in 74 reviews
"bex"
in 129 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I hacked the American Museum of Natural History with Evan a few days ago and it was a lot of fun! He was fun, energetic, and engaging. This was not my first Museum Hack tour, so needless to say that I love exploring museums with this organization. I brought my mom, someone who does not really enjoy museums or history too much but went along anyways, and she even said that this tour made her museum experience. 10/10 would definitely Museum Hack again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a great tour! I learned so much while having a great time at the museum! Kevin was a knowledgeable and entertaining guide. I hope to try more of these tours!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I took my mom on this tour lead by Anna which highlights unrecognized women of the Met after another mom's positive recommendation. My mom loved it and I (31) appreciated that I was shown corners of the Met I've never seen before. This tour emphasizes fun and offers entertaining stories for context as it attempts to cover a significant span of art history. I recommend this tour for first-time visitors to the Met who want a very basic overview of the collection with a light-hearted focus on gender-inequality.