“Attentive service”
Review of Blue Fin

Blue Fin
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Fin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #992 of 14,817 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 47th Street
Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, A, C & E trains to 50th Street, and B, D, F & V trains 47th-50th and 6th Avenue. Bus: M10, M20, or M104 to 47th Street
Description: A modern seafood restaurant, where Broadway energy meets quiet sophistication. This year we are very excited to announce our three story New Year's Eve extravaganza. The celebration will include an open bar, small plates and canapes by both Chef Ivy Stark of Dos Caminos and Chef Juan Carlos Ortega from Blue Fin, live entertainment including DJs, live band, magicians, fortune tellers, acrobats, and more, and a special giveaways for every guest. Tickets are on sale now.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Attentive service and decent food. Chirashi and Thai hot pot was ok. I had been hoping the hot pot was a variation of the tom yum soup (it wasn’t). Toro does not come with the Chirashi. Pricing reflects the location and the ambience.

Extra star for the great service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,852)

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We were last two people to get in without a reservation. The hosts and server for the evening were accommodating and attentive - not to mention hilarious. As for the food - the halibut and lobster were both delicious dishes. Be sure to stop in if you're venturing through Time Square - though reservations are recommended.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Spent our 25 Anniversary in NYC and had the opportunity to eat at Blue Fin and must say the service and atmosphere was excellent and the food was A1. A must visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Not friendly & definitely treat you like a number not a customer.
Part of my order was 2 pieces of salmon sashimi and they brought over 2 pieces of salmon sushi (with rice vs. sashimi without rice). They literally took the salmon off the rice and brought it back to me. Sushi pieces are about 1/3 of the amount of fish of a piece of sashimi is for the non-sushi eaters. I let our waitress know this was an awful practice and she said “sorry”. I’m really sorry too as I didn’t get what I paid for and you didn’t care. We won’t be back

Reviewed 23 June 2018

The restaurant was great. My husband surprised me with a trip to NYC for my 60th birthday. My brother from Maryland orchestrated the surprise dinner for me along with the waitress, my husband, and the manager. I am a very picky eater, so I do not like to go out to dinner. It is rare that I am satisfied. The food at the Blue Fin was delicious. They cooked everything exactly as I asked. The staff was so accommodating and the service was great. I would go back there again for sure.