“Wonderful Anniversary dinner with kids and grandparents”
Review of OCabanon

OCabanon
Reserve with OpenTable
OCabanon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #403 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Made a last minute reservation with grandparents and kids. What a pleasant surprise! Wonderful service and food! Mussels were yummy! Charcuterie and tapas boards to start followed by mussels, burgers, steak, and chicken. All dishes were great. Desserts were so good too! Room in the back is quite different than front room - back room is a giant wine room - would recommend sitting there. They were very accommodating for nut/peanut allergy. A good bistro to visit!

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Went there for lunch with customers. Great selection of wines and food is simply lovely.Everything was well presented and delicious.
The atmosphere is great. When I go back to NYC I will go back.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We were staying across the street at a hotel and we saw the menu in the window so we went before theater for dinner. I had the mussels in wine sauce with French fries and my wife had the quiche. Both were very good, the mussels and frites reminded me of trips to Brussels. We headed out to the theater and after the show we went back for desert and a scotch. Total for both meals was $110, but it was a nice night with nice atmosphere!

1  Thank Pharvey45
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We were a group of 14 on a Saturday night. The staff was helpful in ordering an assortment of starters to share. The kitchen was helpful in modifying dishes to work around allergy issues. The food was wonderful. The pasta with shellfish was excellent. The chicken was enormous and very tasted, the escargot were excellent.

2  Thank Joseph G
Reviewed 7 March 2017

I spend the first part of May each year in France and hence rarely eat French food in the United States. However, yesterday I was hungry and found (through TripAdvisor of course) that an interesting restaurant/charcuterie/wine bar was located just across the street from my hotel. OCabanon, tucked away in Chelsea just south of Madison Square Garden & Penn Station, is a charming restaurant serving the types of tasty French dishes, charcuterie, and wines I’m accustomed to enjoying in the French countryside well away from Paris. Last night I started with a perfect homemade country pâté with pork, red wine & parsley accompanied by a crisp light Sancerre. This was followed by an absolutely superb risotto with mushrooms, black truffle oil, carrots, leeks, and parmesan. The very knowledgeable and charming server, Camille, suggested a perfect Burgundy (Pinot Noir) to play off the risotto’s truffle flavor. I am so happy to have discovered this place as I stay in this location on most of my business trips to NYC. I’ll certainly return for meals, but really look forward to sitting at their wine bar to sample their charcuterie along with their fine selection of French wines.

2  Thank Steve C