“Offers excellent food at cafeteria prices!”
Review of Mangia

Mangia
Ranked #1,772 of 14,717 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: A family business opened in 1981, Mangia transformed the New York lunch scene by being one of the first to focus on fresh, artisanal ingredients and a menu of rustic and classic Italian fare. Today we continue with the same passion for food by preserving our beloved Mangia classics as well as continuing to create new seasonal recipes. Most of all, we take pride that whether you're joining us for a quick lunch or catering a large event, our food is always crafted in house and baked fresh daily.
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Was in New York for 3 days visited mangia 3 times. A bargain of fresh quality food at reasonable prices. Variety of inventive salads, good desserts and best capuchins around. Love this place.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Mangia is more like a food hall than a restaurant. Endless fresh choices; salads, an over the top salad bar, made to order sandwiches, pasta, soups, baked goods. Go from station to station making your choices, pay by the pound, take out or eat in, seating is available upstairs or downstairs. Many excellent vegetarian and vegan choices. I have been eating here for 20 years, they use the best ingredients, and I have never been disappointed. Gourmet food at very moderate prices for midtown Manhattan. Excellent people watching.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

First of all, we did not eat here (well anything other than a chocolate chip cookie) so I more specifically writing about the service, which seemed very slow. To be fair it was fairly busy downstairs, but once my two drink order was taken and no one else was at the counter it did seem to take about 20 minutes to get my drinks. We sat upstairs as there was room there and it was nice and spacious. The atmosphere was nice and it did look the food was probably pretty good.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

You create your own salad and order a sandwich that is prepared in front of you. It is great for a quick lunch. Asked for a chicken parmigiana warm sandwich and chicken noodle soup with a salad selected by me. It was very good and the price very reasonable.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Loved this little cafe for a sit down breakfast or take out food. Everything is good there. The coffee or sandwich or muffins. It reminded me of Italy and their little cafes. It was nice to find an oasis in the city to have a little peace and quiet while you enjoy a good coffee and a snack ( and I am a coffee snob).