“Flavorful Food”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 37th and 38th
Transit: N, R, F, W & Q trains to 34th Street, and 4, 5, 6 & 7 trains to 42nd Street/Grand Central Station.
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Staff is very nice & makes wonderful recommendations as far as your food & drinks. My girlfriend and I went during restaurant week, and were satisfied with our food. The coconut cake with ice cream was heaven!

Reviewed 24 August 2015

This is a great place to experience if, like me, you enjoy varied cuisine and have limited options where you are from. From the second you walk in you are greeted by perfectly volumed latin music ( loud enough to enjoy and soft enough to converse without shouting,) a whiff of what culinary delights are in store, and the typically stylish host staff who are atypically friendly and appear to be happy you are there. The dining room is stylish. The chefs creations lived up to the reputation of ADC.
We enjoyed the octopus appetizer and the shrimp salad. Word of caution on the salad- it is spicy. The highlight dish is the scallops. Literally, the best scallop dish I have ever had. I wish I could describe what was in it but I can't. So, even though I am some random reviewer whom you will never meet, trust me and order the scallops.
Our evening was further enhanced by our server Barbara. Beyond having a great personality and sense of humor, Barbara's knowledge of the menu and concern to make sure our evening was perfect just made the evening that much better.
So, what are you waiting for? Make a reservation and enjoy!

Reviewed 24 May 2015

Great to see Asia de Cuba back in Manhattan at a new location at 4th & Lafayette. Same understated approach but a different layout. As a result room is louder acoustically so conversation even later in the evening is challenging. Food and drinks are good, but refocussed more towards Cuba and less a Fusion. So Coconut Martini is gone and Mojito is prime. Great drink but missing the old Martini. Likewise on the food, which is excellent and well executed. Service was excellent as well and the venue is nice, just not as convenient to a mid-town resident or visitor.

Reviewed 26 April 2015

Excellent service, Very well thought out, inventive menu by Cuban born chef with Asian influences. Truly difference and wonderful. A bit noisy, given poor acoustics, and many, many speakers throughout to carry the music. Could be a little quieter, but then again, that's a judgment call.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I don't find a place where to explain that this restaurant, which was great is now closed. How about adding a button for trippers to advise of such matters? It will help... Thanks for considering. And that should suffice for 100 characters, I hope or maybe not so I keep writing until I get to the minimum characters...

7  Thank julio b