“Great Kosher Delicatessen”

Ben's Kosher Delicatessen Restaurant & Caterers
Reserve with OpenTable
Ben's Kosher Delicatessen Restaurant & Caterers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,198 of 14,911 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: To some, delicatessen is something you put between two slices of bread. To me, it's a calling. I am committed to preserving the traditional cuisine of my Eastern European heritage, amidst all that's required to operate a modern restaurant. This is our pledge, from the Ben's family to you: Fresh food, freshly prepared and courteously served in a clean, well-maintained restaurant faithfully observing the Kosher dietary laws. I urge you to bring anything less to my personal attention by calling 1-888-344-BENS or filling out my "Ask Ronnie" form and submitting it with your questions or comments. Your complete satisfaction is our goal. Any concerns will receive my prompt attention. - Ronnie Dragoon - Owner.
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Now that the Stage & Carnegie delicatessens are now closed; this is the place to go! Katz Deli is like Disneyland and very difficult to get into. Ben's is large and centrally located near Times Square.
We had a waiter who actually worked at both the Stage & Carnegie delis and had many interesting stores to hear.
The food was delicious however I was disappointed that the Chopped Liver sandwich was made with beef instead of chicken. The matzo ball soup was fantastic!
Would definitely recommend Ben's Kosher Deli while in New York

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

With "kosher deli" on the NYC weekend to-do list, we decided on Ben's as it was nearer to our hotel and fit the itinerary. We ordered a meal to share, which was welcomed and quickly served. The matzoh ball soup was nice (large), and pickles for the table were classic. The shareable french fries were delicious, and the giant hot pastrami sandwich topped with a side of coleslaw was too. Melt in your mouth yumminess. Fairly priced and large portions. Would like to try some other sandwiches next time but definitely need to share. Though a takeout box is never a bad thing!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

The place was nice a very clean. Very prompt service. The food was great. I ordered a reuben and it was great! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Ben's is one of those classic New York places that looks like the godfather of every deli on the West Coast (Canter's, etc). It's huge. They bring pickles and cole slaw right away. I've seen complaints about the service here, but my husband and I both went at different times during a recent event at Javits Center and the staff was friendly and efficient. All the deli food you could dream of, and decent salads too.

1  Thank kim_munson
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We went and there was a set menu picked by the wedding party. There were great horderves and hearty sandwiches as the main course. Dessert was assorted danish and cookies. It was a great meal and a great family time. I would like to thank the staff for providing a safe meal for my daughter who has wheat, soy and potato allergies.