“A wonderful breakfast/brunch venue - also lunch, dinner, ...”
Review of French Roast - Sixth Ave. - CLOSED

French Roast - Sixth Ave.
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: French, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: West Village
Description: Proudly serving the West Village 24 hours a day for over 20 years.
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Walk in and there is a French ambiance - e.g. the advertising posters/signs are in French. But that's not obtrusive, the menu is in English and has a wonderful array of choices. The breakfast/brunch menu has a delightful array of egg dishes and sandwiches. The waitstaff were helpful, friendly, prompt. Prices were quite reasonable for a Broadway restaurant.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

A classic village restaurant that's perfect for a long lunch or breakfast. I love sitting outside and people watching while having a great glass of wine.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We were ambling around NY and stopped for breakfast. Just the nicest pancakes, with a blueberry compote that was fabulous. My eggs Benedict was equally delicious. Great coffee and mint tea.
Loved it.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We often have guest of where I work meet us here before starting a tour or event because it has a great street presence and is easily found. So if you're looking for a landmark, this is a good one.

The service and food are inconsistent. I've never had a guest complain but the times I've been we've had both great service and terrible service and terrible food and good food.

I'll continue to use it for work but if you're visiting the city, there are a ton of other awesome places you could visit with more consistent food and service.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I alwasy eat at the Bar if by myself, lots of local singles, chatty bartender, real Bistro food . With a friend, I like to sit side by side on the banquettes, as they do in Paris, I feel as though I'm in Paris here