“Very early breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Pershing Square is a full-service restaurant located under the landmarked Park Avenue Viaduct. Serving American Cuisine, Pershing Square is a bustling and iconic New York City experience which attracts a mix of locals and tourists. While most famous for our breakfast, Pershing Square is open for lunch, dinner, happy hour and we serve high-end comfort food until 10:30 PM. ***Please be advised that at Pershing Square we do have a dress code policy. Men are not permitted to wear tank tops in the restaurant.
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Visited here last time in NYC ten years ago and took family back this time - did not disappoint - all breakfasts after that compared to Pershing Square - were seated in the front area used for tourists but should have asked to be seated in the rear where the locals ate - great people watching spot - you always know a restaurant is good when the locals are queuing up ! As soon as we sat down were served water and food was promptly served - had a range of dishes from the menu and think French toast waffles and pancakes were the favourite - ordered an eggs benny but didn’t realise it had ham rather than bacon but still delicious all the same - found the plates were being cleared too quickly for us as we were having a leisurely breakfast but think this is a NY thing rather than just particular to here - def worth a visit - tucked in under the beautiful viaduct just beside Grand central station - food fab service good lovely setting - hope to visit again next time in NYC - make sure you stroll over the Grand Central afterwards - nice area

Write a ReviewReviews (2,043)

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We always visit Pershing Square for breakfast when we are in New York and this trip was no exception. The breakfast is really good, but fairly expensive. The building is under the bridge and has character and that plus the location (opposite Grand Central) is what you are paying for.
The service is speedy but they are not friendly or welcoming. On arrival I nipped to the toilet and the waitress made my husband order even after he asked her numerous times to come back in a few minutes once I was back. She refused to wait.
We will go back because we like the building and the location is handy, we did have equally good breakfasts at other places for half the price with better service.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I went with my friends for breakfast and we felt the price was expensive because we can get the same quality and dishes in other places less expensive. If you already walked to central estation then you can stop to have a nice coffe and clam your hunger.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

I ate here alone recently as it was near my hotel and the reviews were reasonable. Upon arrival I was met by two indifferent staff who called over a waitress who showed me to a seat at the front of the cafe. Not sure why I was not offered a table in the nicer part of the restaurant, perhaps I did not look like I could afford it. These two were a most odd duo - the young girl was dressed really badly and looked like she would have been more at home in an escort agency.
Anyway, I was shown to a chipped and partially dirty table in an empty and souless area and in hindsight, this is when I should have walked out.
However, I ordered the vegetarian chilli and the very friendly waitress said that this was a good choice. The meal came within minutes - less than five to be correct. I had only one mouthful of my drink and there it was on the table. This bothers me because it makes me wonder just how long the meal has been sitting in the kitchen on the burner, waiting for somebody to order it. The chilli was edible - basically beans, sauce and rice. It was not hot, it was not terribly tasty and I could have made better myself. All in all, very disappointing.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

The food was ok but there is no changing table for babies and they sent you outside, suggesting you to use a blanket and change the baby outdoors.