“Huge Portions of Great Tasting Food”
Review of Bus Stop

Bus Stop
Ranked #372 of 14,817 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Scouting Greenwich Village for lunch we happened upon Bus Stop. It was a nice day and although the outside eating area wasn't large, it was a nice day to be outside.

Service was superb. Quick, friendly, and patient. Who could ask for more?

We ordered a calamari to share as an appetizer. Holy Cow! Huge portion that was very tasty. Nicely cooked and not too greasy. But, with a meal that size you hope the lunch portions are not too big. But, they were huge.

My wife had the Salmon wrap, which was served with plentiful greens. She really liked it.

I haven't had a good old-fashioned turkey club for forever, so I ordered one. Again, there was no way I could finish it and it was extremely good. Great diner food.

Overall, a very good lunch at a modern diner.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

She’s been working here for a while. Really friendly and almost never forgets a name. The locks and bagels are delish and so fresh.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Perfect!!!!! Actually was there today for the first time! One of the owners is a character! Lots of locals and he seemed to know every single one of them!
Hopefully we will be back soon! Food is good and honest!!!! Specially when wine is $5 at lunch time!

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We came here because they opened early in the morning. Fast service, if you want the American breakfast experience with pancakes, this is a good place to go. The food is good, nothing out of the ordinary, but properly cooked and with good quality. Prices are a bit high, we paid $36 for coffee, omelet with spinach and toast with turkey and two fried eggs.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We've eaten the basic fare at this venue many times, and it always just misses. The best item on the menu is the burger, the rest is just about average.
On a recent Sunday for a late brunch, three of us ordered, one had breakfast, one a burger, and I had the chef salad. The two other meals were okay, as usual. My salad, however, needed a life raft. After eating the meats and cheeses that topped the chef salad, I was sorry to get to some wilted greens swimming in about 1/2 inch of water. I like clean lettuce probably better than anyone, but I needed a snorkel and mask to get through this meal.
All-in-all, not the worst meal in town, but definitely not the best.