“Great tiramisu”
Review of Piacere

Piacere
Reserve with OpenTable
Piacere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #281 of 15,864 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nolita
Description: Italian Restaurant Pizzeria Winebar with sidewalk seating
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

After walking around for a bit we stopped here for pizza and tiramisu. Both were really good! Especially when accompanied with some good wine.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Cozy place with several communal tables so you may not be alone. But the food is excellent. Pizzas are very good. But the gnocchi is soft and tender and better than any I have ever tasted.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

I made a reservation on Open Table, and when we showed up to the restaurant for our reserved table outside, the manager looked shocked and we got sat at a community table. We were OK with that, but then they promptly sat four, stunningly loud, young women at the table with us, In spite of several other open tables. They got drunk, and louder, and seemed to be having a contest over who could cuss the loudest. Cussing doesn’t bother me, but this was way over the top. As for the food and drink, I don’t get it. Pizzas are $17 a piece and feed one person. Wine is $10-12 a glass and is a small pour. The wine was OK. The pizzas were dull normal, at best. $120 for three pizzas and four glasses of wine. AND , they only take cash or American Express. But hey, there is an ATM... in the bathroom. Every part of this dinner was disappointing. Period. I told the manager my concerns. He explained that they don’t guarantee outdoor seating, and community seating is loud, and it says on the menu that they only take cash or American Express. He offered a free dessert, I refused and asked for a couple glasses of wine off the bill. He refused. Ah well. We certainly won’t be back. Dear gawd. Go somewhere else for your money.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

We went here before an event on a Saturday evening. It was fairly early so it wasn't busy yet (5:30 p.m.). The ambience is fantastic. The restaurant has a cozy/rustic feel. The staff was friendly, I even reached out to them in a Instagram photo with a question once and they got back to me the same day! The food was phenomenal, very fresh. I often think of my dinner and instantly want to go back (I had the Cannelloni with ricotta and fresh mozzarella with tomato and basil). The Tiramisu was the cherry on top. Delicious. I would definitely go back again! But be aware that it's CASH ONLY!

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We happened upon Piacere whilst pounding the streets in the hope of finding a little Italian, and there it was.

The menu did not do the food justice as it looked rather limited, but it really was delicious.

We ordered four pizzas: two Calabrese, a Salsiccia Fungi and a Carbonara. I know, a Carbonara pizza! It was beautiful and even had an egg on top! The large pizza oven is situated at the back of the restaurant so you can see the (dishy) chef cooking the pizzas whilst you sit back and relax.

The service from Marco & Co was attentive and friendly, he and his team could not have been more welcoming and were happy to discuss the menu options and the wines/beer available.

The restroom was just fabulous - there is only the one, so you have to wait your turn. With its sliding door and bohemian feel you cannot help but be a like taken by it - I know it’s a restroom for crying out loud. It was clean and smelt great... even the hand wash smelt wonderful so that’s all you really need in a loo.

Great job guys! Will see you on our next visit.

3  Thank MustBeSaid