“Thoroughly Enjoyable!”

Morrell Wine Bar & Cafe
Ranked #81 of 875 Nightlife in New York City
Reviewed 17 February 2015 via mobile

This restaurant is fantastic! While the night we went it was quiet - only one other table - the service, food and wine was exceptional! Started with mixed greens, black pepper fettuccine with lamb sausage and a lovely Pinot Noir. My friend and I couldn't have been more happy with the food and while quiet, it offered us a nice opportunity to catch up. As some other reviewers have said - a gem at Rockefeller Centre.

Reviewed 13 January 2015

Went for some light afternoon appetizers and wine. The deviled eggs are a must try. The black truffles added a stunning addition to an old standard. You get four halves which is great to share. The pork tacos are another must try. Five of these come with an order albeit small it is another great sharing dish. We also had the cheese and charcuterie selection. Very nice presentation on a piece of shale rock and a nice selection of cheese and forced meats. We had a bottle of Knollwood Cab from Napa. At $74 I will admit I was trying to cheap out. It didn't work! I wish I had spent another $25 - $50 to get a really good Cab. The Knollwood was not that. The service was excellent attentive and knowledgeable.

1  Thank Rich V
Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

Pre-show cocktails with friends. Sat at bar which had a heated comfy window seat as well.

Extensive wine list. Served at perfect temperature. Bartender was friendly. Bread served was yummy with olive oil provided for dipping.

Glasses of wine $13 & up.

Very trendy and classy.

Convenient to Rockefeller Center.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great wine list , great appetizers menu , maybe a small space but you really won't care , you will have a great time with your friends

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Had a seat at the bar and appreciated the excellent and impressive wine list (in fact, it's big as a book!) and high quality, fresh made sandwiches. Perfect for wine tasting and light meals. Good service very attentive. Not a touristic spot, plenty of New Yorkers, that I appreciated so much (as a tourist myself :).
Very nice location, from the inside you have a good view of the Flags of the Rockefeller centre. Patio outside. I liked this place very much and I'll definitely be back.